All my fellow Californians.....

Options
Just wondering how everone was doing with all the fires.

I have been running and hiking, the smoke is pretty bad, but not bad enough to stop me from getting out there.:smokin:

I went for a hike with my son on the ridge (we live in the Bay Area), and usually you can see our entire valley and it's quite beautiful. However we couldn't hardly see down the hill. Bummer.

Anyhow, how is everyone else doing?

Replies

• teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how everone was doing with all the fires.

I have been running and hiking, the smoke is pretty bad, but not bad enough to stop me from getting out there.:smokin:

I went for a hike with my son on the ridge (we live in the Bay Area), and usually you can see our entire valley and it's quite beautiful. However we couldn't hardly see down the hill. Bummer.

Anyhow, how is everyone else doing?
  • snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the South Bay area, and it has been smokey - not enought to keep me from running or biking, but still pretty bad. At least the temps have been lower this week! I'm going to Truckee for the next week, will see what it's like up there. Hope this fire season eases up soon!!!
  • paul82682
    paul82682 Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm from Vacaville and as far as I know we're pretty good. I haven't been home for a while but no news is good news, right?
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I'm in New Mexico, but our fire season has gotten in-sane!! Usually we can see for over a hunderd miles, lately though we're lucky to see 50 miles in any direction.

Fingers crossed it lets up soon!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    I am in Bakersfield..way south of you. We don't have any fies close but we sure do have all of the smoke. The air is just plain unhealthy. You can actually look outside and see the smoke.
    It would be nice if it would rain.
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    Yeah it is insane... They are warning us to keep our doors and windows closed and not use the AC...There are 27 fires here in Butte County alone..It is crazy...We came home from Idaho on Sunday and Just coming up over Donner it was pretty smoky. Getting onto Hwy 20 was worse... Hope it all clears up soon...
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Sacramentan Here!

Smoke has been terrible this week - finally saw some blue sky yesterday. My kids' swim lessons were cancelled M&T - and it was hard for me to swim (luckily I swim early AM before the smoke settles). Today is weird - kind of grey and overcast and chilly - but the sun is still red from the smoke.
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i'm in salinas, near big sur. we're ok, smoke not too bad. but its so sad to see the wilderness burn, people losing homes, and no end in sight.