Eating "Clean"

d0llhouse
d0llhouse Posts: 7
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
Has anyone here adopted a "clean" foods diet? It's basically eating food in it's most natural state-- staying away from fried and processed food. I've just started, and while i do allow myself some leeway it's pretty easy to follow (for me, it's just cutting out junk food). And I'm eating way more vegetables than I ever have before!

Replies

• gozdeh
    gozdeh Posts: 59
    Yeah I have. Its great! Amazing how it cuts out on the amount of dishes I have to wash as well!

I often have sandwiches with tomatoes or other veggies. I toast the bread and that is all the cooking that I do. So cooking time is also reduced drastically :wink:

I am not sure if bread is cheating but that is the only processed I eat in most days.

Never felt better! Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish

Good luck in your weight loss and healthy living adventure!
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    We do about half. Watch whats in the ingrediants and try to stay away from certain things.
  • I have adopted "clean eating" 95% of the time, and I can truly tell a difference - physically and mentally. I also subscribed to the magazine "Clean Eating" after picking one up in the grocery store. They have some GREAT receipes, and the website is good too.
  • My husband and I've been working on cutting out processed foods. We've been buying more organic and natural foods. I try not to buy anything with perservatives or artificial sweetners/flavorings/coloring.
    It's hard sometimes. It gets tiring constantly looking at nutrition lables and ingredient lists but it's worth it.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    I've been working on it as well. I've seen a huge difference.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    i eat clean buy purchasing almost nothing with a barcode (if it must have a barcode, then only 1 ingredient) and almost exclusively organic. very helpful.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    I do it as much as possible, I try and make my own veg burgers and soups. I also juice a lot or make smoothies. I'm also trying to avoid refined sugars as much as possible. It's a bit challenging but I prefer eating this way and it certainly helps with my allergies.
  • Tosca Reno from the Oxygen magazine is a great role model for eating clean. She has several cookbooks and the magazine is a great motivational tool. Lots of great exercises and advice on eating, cardio and weightlifting.
    I use the program Burn The Fat which really helped me take off the weight and learn how to have a healthy lifestyle.
  • I do it also, eat clean that is. I do have two things I have not got rid of my one can of diet pop a day after I drink my gallon of water for the day and I use crystal light in half of my water for the day or I don't get it all in. Love it makes you feel so good.
This discussion has been closed.