Anybody just not hungry?

Options
milaxx
milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
I struggle daily with trying to eat 6 small meals and sometimes I'm just satisfied with 3 good well balanced meals, Today I simply didn't feel like being bothered. I ate breakfast and then had to fight to make a light dinner. Of course I was way below my calories. I worry about triggering my body into starvation mode, but sometimes the thought of food makes me nauseous. I know people think fat people shove food in their mouths all the time. I don't and never have. Even when I wasn't dieting I was more of an inconstant eater with good days and bad.

I'm really trying to be more consistent, but I could really use a few tips on how to get through the days when food is not something I'm in the mood for. I typically eat a vegetarian diet and I try to limit my soy.

Replies

• ShellzLo
    Options
    YES I'm so agreeing with you. It mainly happens on the weekends for me though. I like eating my square 3 meals a day allthough I usually skip lunch on the nights that I work and it's because I sleep during the day. But I always make sure I eat a healthy big/small breakfast, let it digest, then sleep the day away until it's time to go to work. I struggle with eating at least 1200 calories a day and sometimes I will make myself eat so that my body will not go into starvation mode. I'm a snacker, lately I've tried to eat healthy snacks vs the bad ones. But sometimes that bad snack calls your name (like tonight) I'm craving twizzlers and I'm going to the vending machine and I'm getting me some twizzlers.
    Just stay focused and while your eating think on being healthy. Try eating @ least your allotted calories so that your not entering starvation mode.
    "One day @ a tym you'll loose one lb @ a tym.... "STAY HEALTHY!!!
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Good news for you, the six small meals is better for you, is a myth. It doesn't matter how often you eat, just the total calories. One study concluded that 3 meals was best for keeping away hunger but as far as weight loss and metabolism is concerned, meal frequency has zero effect.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Also Starvation mode takes days-weeks to really kick in, not hours. Rule #1 for diets should be; if you're not hungry, then don't eat. Or just have something with protein. Otherwise your just forcing calories when you don't need them.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Most days I manage to get at least 1,200 calories and I can motivate myself to eat breakfast but sometimes lunch gets missed. I'm going to stay focused and keep it moving.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    for the first time in some time, yes.