The slowest loser

Options
Well, this isn't the first calorie counting website I've tried, I was using another one but it was really slow to add each meal and exercise so I switched. I have been on a cardio, kickboxing, and weight training exercise regimine since Nov. but I didn't get serious about counting calories until January. I started at 5' 5" 155 pounds and I am at 149. I eat three times a day with two small snack in between meals. I eat gluten free because gluten makes me spacey and unfocused, but I still eat at least a cup of carbs two times a day, a TON of vegetables,lean protein at every meal, and dairy twice a day. I HATED eating vegis at first but I chop a bunch of mixed vegetables every sunday then add them to all my meals throughout the week and now i eat raw with no dip and love it! I don't eat past 7p.m., I try to drink 8 glasses of water a day, I take a multivitamin, and I work out 5 times a week. 3 of my workouts include The Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD, I have worked up to level 3, and 2 of my workouts are a mixed martial arts cardio kickboxing workout at a local gym. My weight loss is rrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy ssllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww and that is hard sometimes, but I see alot of muscle building, I've lost inches of my waist and thighs, and I feel pretty good. It took my best friend, a weight watchers junkie, to remind me that slow weight lost is usually the kind that STAYS off, and that my other friends' no carb diets (which they are losing very quickly on) are very hard to maintain long term and you can gain it all back (which I have tried and I do). So here's to the turtle, I'll get there in the end!

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you are doing ok,and doing aot of muscle building that will be why you are not loosing weight :)
    muscle weighs 2x of fat!
    keep up the good work!
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    Options
    Awesome!
  • knitlady2004
    Options
    Remember that as you are building muscle that is why your weight loss is slower because muscle weighs more than fat does.:happy:
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone! =] First off I need to say, that you should be wanting to lose inches BEFORE weight. You mentioned that you are getting more toned. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you might not be feeling good about the weight, when yet you are getting in shape. I had the thought process before about not losing any weight, but I sure did look fit. Now, I have been trying to lose weight for almost three years now! Ever since my daughter was born. I went to the gym everyday as well as swimming for 2 hours a day. What I came to realize was, I was working out but not watching what I was eating. I thought I was ready to shed the flab, bu I really wasn't. Since the beginning of the year I have decided I need to create a whole new life style! I needed to change my vocabulary, ex: Using the word NO, and I CAN, not I CAN'T, or I WILL, not I WANT! Then I need to get over my husband watching me work out. He's in the Army so he always wants to correct me or push me harder. Third, I had to change my eating habits. As well as this APP on my cell I got Jillian Micheal's daily tips. It helps! My husband and I also got a big variety of work out dvds/games so if I get bored with one I can try another and keep cycling through! I hope some of this helps! =]

Also, I had a trainer explain to me that if you want to lose weight, you need to do circuits/weight training FIRST, then cardio.
    Reversed if you want to build muscle.