BecomeanEx.org

Options
I'm eating right and exercising 5 times a week. The last piece on my road to health is to quit smoking without gaining weight. I recently joined on becomeanex.org. It's all about "breaking the glue" between your triggers and your cigarettes. I am decreasing the nicotine in my system slowly so I can say on May 1st that I'm an ex smoker. Quitting cold turkey doesn't work for me. Switching to nicotine gum doesn't work for me. I'm trying to make small changes every week in an effort to become a totally healthy and young looking ex smoker.
Does anyone want to join me in this challenge?

Replies

• iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm eating right and exercising 5 times a week. The last piece on my road to health is to quit smoking without gaining weight. I recently joined on becomeanex.org. It's all about "breaking the glue" between your triggers and your cigarettes. I am decreasing the nicotine in my system slowly so I can say on May 1st that I'm an ex smoker. Quitting cold turkey doesn't work for me. Switching to nicotine gum doesn't work for me. I'm trying to make small changes every week in an effort to become a totally healthy and young looking ex smoker.
    Does anyone want to join me in this challenge?
    I'm an ex since 200 although I don't think I was ever hooked like most people get. I never really had cravings or withdrawal that I noticed, for me smoking was more of a stress thing and a drinking trigger. I'm happy to say I haven't had a drink in almost 3 years as well. That's not to say I haven't thought about either, but the problems I had twice a year getting bronchitis, I don't miss it. Being able to breathe is a much better high than smoking or drinking ever was.

Keep it up!! You have a great mindset to make small LASTING changes you can live with, without feeling like you're denying yourself anything.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    i quit in 2003 cold turkey because I'm just that stubborn or determined, don't know which. LOL. My biggest problem was finding something to do with my hands. It drove me nuts for a while but I finally got used to it. For the cravings I kept carrots and celery and anything that was filling and low fat in the house to help with that. Also finding that keeps your hands busy, knitting for an example, will help. Good luck and you can do it.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I'm gonna do it this time! I refuse to gain weight and I refuse to be dependent on my drug for the rest of my life.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna do it this time! I refuse to gain weight and I refuse to be dependent on my drug for the rest of my life.
    stop by the just for today thread. You have to change your outlook - do it for today - each new today you are given you commit 100% to that day and that day only. We can do anything for one day. Before you know it a life time has passed and you've accomplished the impossible.