Calorie Tracker recomendations?

Options
I am looking for a calorie tracker that I can wear while working out and possibly throughout the day. A wrist watch type would be ideal. I need something super accurate so that I can be sure of the calories I burn throughout my workouts. Any recomendations for one?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you want to wear it throughout the day you would need a body bug, if it is just for workouts HRMs are great, but the ones with the chest straps are much more accurate than the wrist only ones.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You are not going to find an accurate one without a chest strap. I have heard of BodyBug though, that Costco sells that an armband which will be more comfortable to wear all day. I hear The Biggest Loser's wear them now too and they can be worn all day.
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    There are apps for certain cell phones such as the iphone or android phone. you can download a calorie burned tracker, the widget appears on your homescreen. Only problem is that you need to input the info manually.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Bodymedia can be worn all day as well.
  • caprica
    caprica Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you want to track calories all day go for a bodymediafit / bodybug device.

If you want to track just your exercise sessions get a heart rate monitor as it will allow you to track if you are in the "zone" a lot better.
  • traceytoo
    Options
    If you wear something that tracks your calories all day, doesn't MFP and your 1200 base calories or whatever your base calories - aren't those calories already accounted for , ie the calories you ahve to use to survive ... shouldn't youjust count exercise calories above and beyond that ?? or am i just confusing everyone and myself ??