diet pills......

Options
Okay, My sister just ordered her the Diet supplement... LIPOCERIN.... has anyone ever taken it? I am concerned with her taking it so any advice on the side effects or problems with it would be great. She is VERY overweight .. always has been since a young child.. She has lots of health issues and is always looking for a quick fix. Its hard to get her motivated to do something about it. :frown: Just a worry wart afraid for my baby sister. Thank you

Replies

• mandyjo
    mandyjo Posts: 28
    Options
    Okay, My sister just ordered her the Diet supplement... LIPOCERIN.... has anyone ever taken it? I am concerned with her taking it so any advice on the side effects or problems with it would be great. She is VERY overweight .. always has been since a young child.. She has lots of health issues and is always looking for a quick fix. Its hard to get her motivated to do something about it. :frown: Just a worry wart afraid for my baby sister. Thank you
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
  • amberc_03
    amberc_03 Posts: 8
    Options
    I CANT OFFER ANY ADVICE ON THAT PILL.. BUT I CAN GIVE ADVICE ON ALLI.. IT HAS SOME UNCOMMON SIDE EFFECTS (READ ABOUT IT YOU WILL UNDERSTAND) BUT I TOOK THIS BEFORE IT CAME OUT OTC.. IT WORKS GREAT AND SHE WILL GET THE RESULTS SHE WANTS IN A SAFE WAY SO NOONE HAS TO WORRY ABOUT HER....
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    I would suggest she talk to her physician. He/She can prescribe a medicine to help her and it's regulated by the FDA. I believe that since this Lipocerin is over the counter, that it isn't regulated by the FDA and they can say whatever they like to get you to buy their crap. It is my understanding that there isn't any "medicine" in the unregulated pills, it's just a concoction of herbal supplements etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This is a direct quote from a picture on their main page: "Individual used Lipocerin with diet and exercise". So my question is...why not just use diet and exercise. Those results aren't typical and chances are she won't see the same results. And she'll have to change her diet and start exercising so my guess is that it's no magic pill. These people made a change in lifestyle at the same time they started taking the stuff and that's what sparked their weight loss. It's possible it helped, but if she's looking for a quick fix, taking a pill and eating big macs won't help.

Just my .02
    Heidi
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    I CANT OFFER ANY ADVICE ON THAT PILL.. BUT I CAN GIVE ADVICE ON ALLI.. IT HAS SOME UNCOMMON SIDE EFFECTS (READ ABOUT IT YOU WILL UNDERSTAND) BUT I TOOK THIS BEFORE IT CAME OUT OTC.. IT WORKS GREAT AND SHE WILL GET THE RESULTS SHE WANTS IN A SAFE WAY SO NOONE HAS TO WORRY ABOUT HER....

So, if you didn't get it otc, did a doctor prescribe it? I'm kind of confused.
    Heidi
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    she sounds just like me, l was always looking for quick fix, untill I found this site,
    does she know about this site? this has helped me so much already.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

Heidi

i think it was a prescription drug before it became otc, so before recently you would have to go to the doc to get it.
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    Here's something else I found in small print on their website (I capitalized some words) :
    "This product should be taken as part of a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. Testimonial results not typical; your results may vary. The individuals shown are PAID MODELS, and not necessarily NSL customers." :noway: What a waste of $$ for her. Tell her to send the junk back and spend the money on resistance bands for strength training and some running shoes. :)

Heidi
  • mandyjo
    Options
    Yes, she know about this site.. I have even showed her how to use it. I have heard some pretty rank stuff about ALLI .. I would rather bust my butt without the help of meds. She doen't like to listen to me because I tell her staight up what I think... The only reason I found out about these pills is because she had it sent to my po box.... she has been on presciption meds in the past but A PILL ALONE.. will not make you drop the pounds. so she gives up.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    i have a friend that bought them and they didn't work then when she went to return them she didn't get her money back like it said she would-- Alot of diet pills don't work unless they are perscription and they only work long enough for your body to get used to them--
  • mrsyac2
    Options

Alli is just an abrasive way to get people to eat right thats why it has the consequences that it does I have read such horribly embarassing stories about people that have taken it- why not just eat right instead of punishing your body if you don't-
  • mrsyac2
    Options

Heidi

i think it was a prescription drug before it became otc, so before recently you would have to go to the doc to get it.

Yes Alli is the lower dosage of Xenical which is a perscription drug
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options

Heidi

Yes Alli is the lower dosage of Xenical which is a perscription drug

I know, I just wanted to make the point that she got it from a doctor, not a drugstore shelf or website. It was prescribed. And to point out that Alli and this other 'wonder drug' aren't the same at all, just so the op could see the difference.

Thanks though!! :smile:
    Heidi
  • mandyjo
    Options
    i have a friend that bought them and they didn't work then when she went to return them she didn't get her money back like it said she would-- Alot of diet pills don't work unless they are perscription and they only work long enough for your body to get used to them--

i read online that this company will keep sending you pills and charge you $100 a pop.... and they won't take the meds back... what crop of crap.. I told my sis to call the bank and put a stop on all future charges from this company.. she did and had to change her debit card also... I am glad i'm such a worry wort sister!!:laugh: FOR EVERYONE.... DON'T EVER GO THROUGH THIS COMPANY
  • mrsyac2
    Options

i read online that this company will keep sending you pills and charge you $100 a pop.... and they won't take the meds back... what crop of crap.. I told my sis to call the bank and put a stop on all future charges from this company.. she did and had to change her debit card also... I am glad i'm such a worry wort sister!!:laugh: FOR EVERYONE.... DON'T EVER GO THROUGH THIS COMPANY

Wow i didn't know that they will keep charging you thats insane I can't believe that-- The things people will do to take others hard working money
  • amberc_03
    amberc_03 Posts: 8
    Options

Heidi

IT WAS PRESCRIBED BY MY DOCTOR..BUT MY SISTER GOT THE SAME SCRIPT FROM HER MD, AND HER INSURANCE WASNT GONNA COVER IT SO HE TOLD HER TO GET ALLI IT IS THE SAME THING JUST A LOWER DOSAGE...