Hoping to do it right this time!

Options
Hi! I just joined yesterday through the recommendation of a friend. My goal is 70 pounds in a year at the very longest, and to keep it off. I'm trying to be more healthy in what I eat, which is hard for me because of how picky I am with the foods I will eat. I've gained all this weight over the course of 5 years, so i know it's going to take a while to get rid of it in the right way. I'm hoping to be more healthy before we have children. I've lost weight and gained it back a few times over the past few years, so its obvious what i need is a lifestyle change.
Here's hoping my efforts stick this time!

Replies

• TealStar13
    Options
    You're in the right place! We will help you out in any way possible. You can definitely do this. :)
  • rmmattox34
    Options
    This is a great site to help with what you eat. I love the way it helps me keep track of everything in one place. Good luck and if you need to vent I am sortof new too.
  • Lisabackontrack
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm fairly new here too but I can tell you this is the absolute best forum you could have joined! Everyone here is very supportive and helpful. I'm learning lots and already losing weight. My attitudes towards food and exercise have changed drastically and I'm well on my way to a healthier me. Best of luck in your journey, feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    good for you. no diets, just a healthier way of living which everyone can do together including your husband. and when the kids get here they can join in also. lead by example so that they do not face the same issue you are facing. glad you could join us. welcome to the family.
  • leighdlady
    Options
    Like you I need to lose about 70 pounds this year, but I have carried this weight for 10 years now. I am worried that it will be harder to get off because I have kept it for so long. I am hoping to lose it slowly so that it stays off. So far I love this site. I know you will too! Good luck to you!
  • Hizzle85
    Hizzle85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone! I'm excited to join such an awesome community. That will definitely be great when i need some inspiration :)
    Vicky, you are right, i dont want my kids to face this problem!
    I hope that i can start to see results soon as well.
    Any one who wants to add me feel free- I need all the support I can get!