Should I include the weekday train/work walk - votes/opinion

Options
I have set my daily activity to sedentary - which being a IT Pro / Keyboard jockey it pretty much is. But I do a train to work walk each weekday which I'm not sure whether to include in exercise.

It's about 12mins each way and over the last 4 weeks worked it up so that it now includes 6 flights of stairs going to and 2 flights of stairs coming back.

Opinions/Votes - what do you reckon?

Cheers W0z

Replies

• zoethomas1978
    Options
    I would..its still exercise after all!
  • jabbogurl
    Options
    I would get a pedometer so you can start tracking your steps and distance and i would definetly count it, especially the stairs. I got a pedometer at walmart for $5, nothing fancy, but does steps and miles, you can also set goals on it.
  • jamers615
    Options
    I agree - if it were a short walk, then no, but it sounds like it's a fair amount of effort exerted there! I think it definitely counts!!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I walk 1.8 miles round trip to work and up 3 flights of steps. I sit at a desk all day. I leave my activity at sedentary. I could not imagine counting my walk to work as "exercise".
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Cheers guys - thanks for the input.

I guess I'll keep going the way I am for now & monitor. If I stick to the calorie goals and don't get the projected results then I'll know it's time to reassess and adjust.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i put in sedentary aswell but 3 times a week i do a bit of walkign for work around the cbd.

i dont log it as it wont be huge calories anyway and that weigh it comes in as a bonus come weigh in time.