Down 110 Pounds!!!

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I weighed my heaviest (non-pregnancy) weight of 260 pounds about 2-3 months after my first child was born in May 2005. I lost a few pounds, but then when I lost my mom to a heart attack at age 47 in November 2005, I decided to get serious about my weight loss. So far, I have lost about 110 pounds. I am working on a few more pounds and tightening up more, but I am SO happy with what my body can do now!

Pictures then what I have done...

260to150.jpg

I don't remember exactly all of what I did at the beginning of my journey, but I know I exercised (walking, first Biggest Loser dvd, Walk Away the Pounds). I started journaling my food (didn't start actually counting calories until recently actually), and I made a goal to drink more water. As I lost more and more weight and read more books, I added in more exercise (Turbo Jam, running, more Biggest Loser, ChaLean Extreme, and now Turbo Fire) and worked one eating more cleanly and only when I was/am hungry.

It's been a long journey, and I have had two more kids since then, but it's so worth it!

Thanks for looking!

Replies

• rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Congrats on your healthy new you!
  • jesihovey
    jesihovey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! What an inspiration!
  • Knaroz
    Knaroz Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome to the 100 lb club!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    dude, you are my hero!
  • georgiagorwell
    Options
    Amazing! I am hoping to get to your weight.
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! You look totally amazing (and different!)!!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!

I am a HS teacher, and whenever I show my students that picture, they never believe it was me. :wink:
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congrats on your weight loss. You look amazing!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I weighed my heaviest (non-pregnancy) weight of 260 pounds about 2-3 months after my first child was born in May 2005. I lost a few pounds, but then when I lost my mom to a heart attack at age 47 in November 2005, I decided to get serious about my weight loss. So far, I have lost about 110 pounds. I am working on a few more pounds and tightening up more, but I am SO happy with what my body can do now!

Pictures then what I have done...

260to150.jpg

I don't remember exactly all of what I did at the beginning of my journey, but I know I exercised (walking, first Biggest Loser dvd, Walk Away the Pounds). I started journaling my food (didn't start actually counting calories until recently actually), and I made a goal to drink more water. As I lost more and more weight and read more books, I added in more exercise (Turbo Jam, running, more Biggest Loser, ChaLean Extreme, and now Turbo Fire) and worked one eating more cleanly and only when I was/am hungry.

It's been a long journey, and I have had two more kids since then, but it's so worth it!

Thanks for looking!

OMG you don't even look like the same person. You look like you are in your 40's on the left and in your 20's on the right. I'm glad you used your mom's passing as encouragement. I went the other way when my mom passed. I started eating, but you are right. Our mom's would want us healthy. I'm back up to 260 now and 9 months pregnant, so I am hoping I will have success when I start. I'll keep your's as inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    What a change, you look fabulous girl!!! A bit of extra motivation to get those last few pounds gone, we can do it!
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful...you look great! Congrats! Very inspiring!
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I am hoping to catch up to you VERY soon.
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    OMG wow!!! You look like a totally different person now. Congrats on your achievement!! You've done a wonderful job :D
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO! OMG you look about 20 years younger too! Great job!!!!
  • vette49
    vette49 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You look great , your story will inspire me to get healthier and lose this weight!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You are inspiration to all of us. Congratulations!!!
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't even know you, but I'm so proud of you. I know what losing someone special can do to you ... and you beat the odds :) You should feel great about looking wonderful!

All the best!
    Joey
  • MissFDavis
    Options
    Wow!!! You look AMAZING! Congrats on your weight loss, keep up the good work!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    stunning and inspirational! :flowerforyou: :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!