Help... breakfast at work on Friday

Options
Ok, so yesterday they announced that they will start having big breakfasts for us once a month on Friday mornings. This Friday they will be making pancakes, eggs, bacon and biscuits and gravy. I love all of those. How will I resist the temptation? What do you suggest?

I feel like I need to start a weightloss contest at work, haha

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I say if it is only once a month, then enjoy yourself and don't worry about it.
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I say if it is only once a month, then enjoy yourself and don't worry about it.

I agree with this, just plan for it.

Or, you could eat before you go to work, then you'll be less tempted.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    enjoy moderatly.... log it into MFP and dont worry about it!~!~! A healthy lifestyle should be enjoyable, not horribly restricting. Its once a month.. have fun.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Eat a light meal before you leave the house then make a tiny sample platter of each thing to avoid over indulging, or least that is what I would do. :)
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    1 egg = 70 calories
    2 pieces of bacon pan fried (on average) 80 calories.

Have an egg, have a couple pieces of bacon bring fruit and enjoy the "bonding time" with your co-workers.

:drinker:
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    I say enjoy it in moderation. Maybe take your own Sugar Free syrup for the pancakes so you can cut calories. Enjoy!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    We have these a work too but less often. Plan for it. I usually work out a little extra in the morning and really monitor my intake, especially sodium and water, a few days before.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Bring a fruit tray!!!!
  • bjwalsh
    bjwalsh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd say, enjoy the eggs, bacon, a couple of pancakes, but skip the biscuits and gravy. That'll be so heavy to start the day! Then take a nice long walk at lunchtime!
  • granolagirl82
    Options
    I'd say it's fine, just adjust your other meals so your caloric intake evens out.
  • audbbgirl
    Options
    I agree with eating before you go into work that way you are not as hungry and but can have a little of everything and not over do it.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I suspect that you're NOT the only person at your place of work who would appreciate some healthy alternatives. Perhaps you could talk to the organizers/ coordinators about having some low-fat yogurt, fresh fruit, and/or oatmeal added to the offerings. I bet they'll be the hit of the party!

I recently went to a breakfast meeting where the choices included pastries, ham & southern biscuits (eg., lard bombs), and fresh fruit and yogurt. The fruit and yogurt were gobbled up in a [healthy] heartbeat. It was the hi-fat high-calorie stuff that the latecomers had do pick from.