Number of carbs?

Options
When I let MFP do my eating plan for nutrients etc, I feel like the number of carbs is huge! It says 55% of my food shouls be carbs... I know my body, I know that carbs stick to my belly and won't leave... so I canged it to higher protien, less carbs...

i know i still need carbs. 165 a day seemed like alot... forinstance, I had a flatbread, a pita and ziti today and i still have 100 carbs left to eat... I know those are the wrong kinds of carbs, but... i was a little skeptical. I have gained some weight back. .. although i think that is from m,y wine and cocktail intake due to it being summer and all...:drinker:

Replies

• sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    When I let MFP do my eating plan for nutrients etc, I feel like the number of carbs is huge! It says 55% of my food shouls be carbs... I know my body, I know that carbs stick to my belly and won't leave... so I canged it to higher protien, less carbs...

i know i still need carbs. 165 a day seemed like alot... forinstance, I had a flatbread, a pita and ziti today and i still have 100 carbs left to eat... I know those are the wrong kinds of carbs, but... i was a little skeptical. I have gained some weight back. .. although i think that is from m,y wine and cocktail intake due to it being summer and all...:drinker:
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Wine makes me hold on to my belly weight!!! :ohwell:
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Wine makes me hold on to my belly weight!!! :ohwell:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    When I eat carbs.. (they stick to me like glue) I eat whole grains.. For instance.. I no longer eat white bread with the exception of pizza which i allow one to two pieces a week and 1/2 piece of olga bread on my sandwich once or twice a week at work... But other than that I try to keep 100 cals per serving, per meal... break lunch dinner and one snack... so roughly 400 a day... I eat more protine fruits and veggies... NOW with fruits its the same.. one for break lunch and dinner.. so.. 400 for bread,pasta products and whatever servings of fruit i eat.. HOPE this helps...
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    me too... it takes about 2 -3 days to really see a solid night of guzzling wine with the girls latch on to my belly... its here now...
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    Interestingly enough I caught a segment on the news the other day about carbs and dieting... They've discovered that in women who are obese and trying to lose weight, more carbs in the morning is better than cutting out the carbs. The study showed that women who ate more carbs in the morning lost 40lbs in a certain time period, whereas the women who tried to cut carbs in the morning only lost 8lbs in that same time frame. They said it was due to the carbs giving the women higher seratonin levels so it was easier to lose weight....
    I know that didn't quite answer the question :tongue: but I thought that was something worth noting.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I used to be a carb counter but I am only watching calories and feeling a better balance. Watching the calories seems to be working well :wink:
    24167.png