women only question

Options
hi,
I can't actually believe I am going to post this it's sooooooooooooooooo embarrasing but I'm not too sure where else to ask as non of my friends work out.

Yesterday while I was doing my 30 day shred DVD during the jumping jacks & skipping rope exercises I had a really weird feeling like I was about to orgasm :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

this has happened once before also at the same point of this one DVD! Now trust me I am not that excited about jumping jacks for this to be explained away:laugh:

Although it isn't painful or anything it is rather distracting & I just wondered if anyone had any idea why this has happened or anything to say to stop me feeling like a complete freak!

Replies

• drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Jumping can effect the pelvic floor muscle which is why some women need to pee if they jump or sneeze (due to a weakened pelvic floor)

pelvic floor muscle also plays a role in orgasms, so its makes sense that jumping could in theory lead to muscle activation and the related feelings

So I would say thats completely normal, probably not common, as most of us are too busy dying while we work out to notice it :)
  • Jaccilatt5
    Jaccilatt5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I cant say that this has ever happend to me, but if it did I would work out alot more! lol
  • kimandal99
    Options
    I cant say that this has ever happend to me, but if it did I would work out alot more! lol

Exactly what I was going to say!
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    It could also be just your pants rubbing (wow I really don't know how to put this nicely) If you have been wearing pants that are tight in that area they could be stimulating your *kitten*. You might try wearing a different kind of work out pants to see if that makes a differnce. Some pants have reinforced seams....... I wouldn't worry about it
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I would agree with the weak pelvic floor theory.
  • beckyh75
    Options
    Lucky you!! :wink: That hasn't every happened to me, however would be happy to know i'm getting a FULL body work out! :tongue:
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i am taking my jump rope out today hehehe :happy: - i agreee with above post about it working thepelvic floor and that being the reason why . Good luck have fun
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Jumping can effect the pelvic floor muscle which is why some women need to pee if they jump or sneeze (due to a weakened pelvic floor)

pelvic floor muscle also plays a role in orgasms, so its makes sense that jumping could in theory lead to muscle activation and the related feelings

So I would say thats completely normal, probably not common, as most of us are too busy dying while we work out to notice it :)

Unfortunately I have the issue of the first line here - I suffer from mild stress incontinence (I'm 37) and it's really embarrasing. Things like suddenly having to cross your legs in the middle of the supermarket because you can feel a sneeze on its way! And jumping is not good!!

I have been looking for an alternative to jumping jacks and the jump rope exercise but not really found anything yet.

I'd rather have your problem LOL.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    lol!!!!!! jumping jacks are not my problem but the scissor kicks on L3....I need to keep my feet up because if I lower them..:blushing: oh my!!!:laugh:
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    lol!!!!!! jumping jacks are not my problem but the scissor kicks on L3....I need to keep my feet up because if I lower them..:blushing: oh my!!!:laugh:
    haha I haven't got to level 3 yet I'll have to look out for that one! :laugh:

Thanks for your replies everyone makes me feel slightly less freakish!