Another New Photo!

Options
This is my instructor and classmates...my instructor is top row, middle.

My instructor and classmates are all right around my Son's age...I'm the matron of the group...I'm in a floor pose at the bottom.

If I had posed like this before I started bellydance, my abs would have been hanging towards the floor, pulled by gravity...bellydance is a miracle worker for skin and muscle toning...I love it!

Replies

• FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    This is my instructor and classmates...my instructor is top row, middle.

My instructor and classmates are all right around my Son's age...I'm the matron of the group...I'm in a floor pose at the bottom.

If I had posed like this before I started bellydance, my abs would have been hanging towards the floor, pulled by gravity...bellydance is a miracle worker for skin and muscle toning...I love it!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Great Photo.

You look great.

I just love belly dancing outfits.

Can't even think about wearing one yet. lol:laugh: :laugh:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    sexy ladies:love:
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Thank you Ladies!

At class last Thursday my instructor told me that she wants to get together to choreograph a sword routine we can perform together...very flattering!

She has invited me to perform previously but I just didn't feel ready.

She has restructured my class...beginning 1st week of July it will be a performance practice class...I actually feel ready now...I was concerned about my age and she assured me that age was not an issue.

I am so excited!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Wow....you look amazing!

I just downloaded a belly-dancing video because I thought I could do it for exercise while my daughter does it along with me for fun......I think it's veena and neena....something like that......any suggestions for me?
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Thank you Manda & Katy!

Katy, Veena and Neena are coined, "The Belly Twins"...all of their instructional and workout DVDs are excellent!

I use them for workout DVDs but prefer the dancers, especially Neon, out of "World Dance New York"

www.worlddancenewyork.com

It is really just a matter of what style of dance you like the most...there are several great DVDs out there...Neon is just my favorite...I just love her style.

One of the young Ladies in my class has a young daughter and they both perform...I think it is a wonderful artform to practice with your daughter...Amira Mor, who is a Lebanese style dancer, has a DVD titled, "Belly Dance for Mother & Daughter". www.amiramor.com

My instructor is pure Egyptian Style, which is considered the Ballet of Bellydance...I like to mix it up a little combining mostly Egyptian with a little bit of American Caberet thrown in here and there.

Shimmy On Ladies!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Awww you look great! :) Keep it up..might be time to change ur screen name!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    time to change your name to HAWTIEdancer!!!
  • Katy009
    Options
    Thank you Manda & Katy!

Katy, Veena and Neena are coined, "The Belly Twins"...all of their instructional and workout DVDs are excellent!

I use them for workout DVDs but prefer the dancers, especially Neon, out of "World Dance New York"

www.worlddancenewyork.com

It is really just a matter of what style of dance you like the most...there are several great DVDs out there...Neon is just my favorite...I just love her style.

One of the young Ladies in my class has a young daughter and they both perform...I think it is a wonderful artform to practice with your daughter...Amira Mor, who is a Lebanese style dancer, has a DVD titled, "Belly Dance for Mother & Daughter". www.amiramor.com

My instructor is pure Egyptian Style, which is considered the Ballet of Bellydance...I like to mix it up a little combining mostly Egyptian with a little bit of American Caberet thrown in here and there.

Shimmy On Ladies!

Thanks for all the info!!! My daughter is 6 and has been really wanting to try bellydancing, so I thought this was a great way to start. I will check out all the other info you gave me, too!

Tonight will be our first 'bellydance' together :smile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh my my my.....you look amazing lady!!!

I agree time to change that name sista!!!:love:

hugs!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ladies!

At class last Thursday my instructor told me that she wants to get together to choreograph a sword routine we can perform together...very flattering!

She has invited me to perform previously but I just didn't feel ready.

She has restructured my class...beginning 1st week of July it will be a performance practice class...I actually feel ready now...I was concerned about my age and she assured me that age was not an issue.

I am so excited!
    You are looking so great! But I always thought you did. It must be a lot of fun and make you feel pretty sexy too. I wish there was a way you could video tape your class and you doing sword dance. I think that is amazing your doing something you enjoy. And keeping up with the younger ones. :drinker: Way to go girl:drinker:
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Thanks Everyone...You are all so kind and supportive!

Aunt Karen...for starters, we are going to video our performance practice sessions so we will have them as a practice tool and I will share with you when my instructors starts giving us DVDs of our practices.

And thanks everyone for jibbin' me about changing my screen name, but I am, "Fat Dancer"...kinda like "Fats Domino" if you know what I mean.

Katy, I would really love to hear how dancing with your daughter goes tonight...I know it will be so much fun...I was hoping to have my boyfriends daughter dance with me this summer but she's playing soccer...You will be amazed at how your dance relationship develops with your daughter!

I have another bellydance sister at this site who dances with her daughters...she has 3!

And I have another bellydance sister at this site who is also a performer...she likes to study via DVD with Jilinna, who is choreographer and performer with the "Belly Dance Super Stars".

And I have another dance sister from Canada who started dancing not to long ago and who is already had her 1st performance.

There are a few dancers at this site! Hope they chime in and let us know who they like to workout/study with and what styles they dance!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I somehow missed this post!!! You look great girlie! I always love your updates and new photos! Keep up the fantabulous work!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the outfit!!! Let us know when you do your performance. How exciting!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Thank you Princess & Alf!

I will let you know when I perform Alf...it won't be anytime real soon...my instructor has 3 young sons and practice will be around her schedule...still need to get my costume together as well.

Happy Independence Day Everyone!
  • gaelbrady
    gaelbrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS!!
  • Katy009
    Options
    Thanks Everyone...You are all so kind and supportive!

Aunt Karen...for starters, we are going to video our performance practice sessions so we will have them as a practice tool and I will share with you when my instructors starts giving us DVDs of our practices.

And thanks everyone for jibbin' me about changing my screen name, but I am, "Fat Dancer"...kinda like "Fats Domino" if you know what I mean.

Katy, I would really love to hear how dancing with your daughter goes tonight...I know it will be so much fun...I was hoping to have my boyfriends daughter dance with me this summer but she's playing soccer...You will be amazed at how your dance relationship develops with your daughter!

I have another bellydance sister at this site who dances with her daughters...she has 3!

And I have another bellydance sister at this site who is also a performer...she likes to study via DVD with Jilinna, who is choreographer and performer with the "Belly Dance Super Stars".

And I have another dance sister from Canada who started dancing not to long ago and who is already had her 1st performance.

There are a few dancers at this site! Hope they chime in and let us know who they like to workout/study with and what styles they dance!

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that the night I was going to dance with my daughter, the DVD didn't work.....uggggg!......so I did another one and she played!

I am currently trying to re-download and will let you know how it goes as soon as we get the opportunity. This gives me time to buy her something that will jingle when she dances anyway since I know that will keep her more interested. :smile:

Have a great day!

Katy