Mexican Mondays

Options
I have been planning all of our dinners a week out and thought we'd start doing Mexican Mondays. I am not a big cook and I dont really like to cook with a lot of ingrediants. What else can I cook thats quick and easy besides, tacos, taco potatoes and taco soup?

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I make grilled chicken sandwhiches, with mushrooms, green onions and avacoda.
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Taco potatoes? I'm curious!
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options

Exactly like tacos, but instead of taco shells...potatoes! Its delish
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options

me too
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Taco salad, burritos, tostada's...
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Do you make the potatoes like a baked potato?
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nachoes, enchiladas, taco salad, refried beans, quesadilas, guacamole, breakfast burritos, fajitas
  • rosiekyla
    Options
    crockpot chicken-- low sodium jar salsa, 2 cups frozen corn, 2 cans low sodium black beans, 1lb chicken breasts. mix all in crockpot put on low for 8 hours, mix in 4oz low fat cream cheese. put on top of brown rice or in a whole grain wrap. so good!!!!!
  • jabbogurl
    Options
    fajitas are really simple. I do chicken and cut it before cooking, then marinate it in lime juice, cilantro, garlic and a little water. The lime juice will actually even "cook" it a bit before you grill it. I have a grill griddle that I can just toss on my stove and I use that. Grill up the chicken, some pepper and onions then serve with tortillas. You can also make some fresh pico de gilo if your ambitious to serve with it. Other wise, just some salsa and low fat sour cream with a bit of lime juice mixed in for more flavor.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Chicken and rice, beans rice, Stew with green chilies, enchiladas , salsa,
  • paroxysm
    Options
    we make quesadilla's using low carb, high fiber, whole wheat tortilla's and use lots of red and green bell pepper, onion, along with a filling of black beans/low fat sour cream/fresh cilantro/shredded chicken breast (can use canned if pressed for time!)/salsa and 2% shredded cheddar cheese.

They are delicious =)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Crockpot chile verde!

Into the insert, dump a chopped onion and chopped bell pepper. Add a small can of jalapenos or anaheim chiles. Add 2 lean pork cutlets, top with a 16 oz jar of salsa verde, 1/2 C of chopped fresh cilantro, a can of no sodium pinto beans and 2 small zucchinis (cut in spoon sized chunks.) (If you prefer, omit the beans and stir in a can or the equivalent amount of homemade refried beans.)

Cook on low 8-12 hours. Shred the pork with forks and eat.
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options

Do you make the potatoes like a baked potato?

Yes, then cut it open and top with taco meat and toppings.
  • audbbgirl
    Options
    Check out Sparkpeople.com ,they have tons of healthy mexican recipes.
    I have made taco salads, frito plate, which is basically the same thing but with fritos instead of taco shells, shredded chicken with taco seasoning on soft tacos, Guacamole made with the a quacamole seasoning packet and 2 fresh avacados on everything is good, quesadillas with low fat chesse and chicken and tomatoes. There are soooo many different ideas.
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    anyone have a good recipe for enchiladas? Ive only made them once and they were ok
  • msrn8143
    msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)

1/2 cup sour cream

1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce

2 teaspoons chili powder

2 cups chopped cooked chicken

1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 ounces)

6 flour tortillas (6-inch), warmed

1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)

1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)

1.Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
    2.Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
    3.Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side up in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.
    4.Bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion.
    Makes: 6 servings (1 enchilada each)
    Nutrition per Serving
    Calories: 329

Fat: 16g

Fiber: 4g

Protein: 20g

Sodium: 955mg
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)

1/2 cup sour cream

1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce

2 teaspoons chili powder

2 cups chopped cooked chicken

1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 ounces)

6 flour tortillas (6-inch), warmed

1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)

1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)

1.Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
    2.Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
    3.Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side up in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.
    4.Bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion.
    Makes: 6 servings (1 enchilada each)
    Nutrition per Serving
    Calories: 329

Fat: 16g

Fiber: 4g

Protein: 20g

Sodium: 955mg

Thanks that sounds easy!
  • moriah87
    Options
    make quesadillas! super easy! add in some chicken that you cooked with chili powder, onion and bell peppers. put some salsa and sour cream on the side. yum. :)
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Did someone say enchiladas? Also- tortilla soup is one of my favorites.. here is the recipe I like to use: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/02/crockpot-tortilla-soup-recipe.html If you have a crockpot this is a GREAT site! I've made tons of her recipes. Good luck!
  • froggiegirl71
    froggiegirl71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am trying this tonight.

Mexican Biscuit Casserole

Servings: 8 to 10 servings
    Prep: 20 mins
    Total: 45 mins
    Ingredients
    1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
    1 1.25-ounce package taco-seasoning mix
    3/4 cup water
    1 16-ounce can kidney beans
    1 11-ounce can whole-kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
    3-1/4 cups packaged biscuit mix
    1 cup milk
    3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 ounces)

Directions
    1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until brown. Drain off fat.
    2. Add taco-seasoning mix according to package directions, except use the 3/4 cup water. Add the undrained kidney beans and the drained corn; bring to boiling.
    3. Meanwhile, combine the biscuit mix and milk. Stir until all is moistened. Beat for 30 seconds more.
    4. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, making 10 biscuits.
    5. Spoon hot meat mixture into a 13x9x2-inch (3-quart rectangular) baking dish and top with some of the cheese.
    6. Immediately place biscuits on top and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until biscuits are done. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. Makes 8 to 10 servings.

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 486, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Monounsaturated Fat 6 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 81 mg, Sodium 1365 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Total Sugar 3 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 29 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 5%, Calcium 33%, Iron 18%.
    Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet