Good and bad.

Options
So today I went to the gym to do my usual session on the elliptical before I went into my step class. It was also my first time using my F6 and I was kinda irritated..!!! I usually try to burn 400 calories on the elliptical before class and what I did before I got my F6 was I would burn what the machine claimed to be 500 calories and then subtract 100. Well I found out today that I had to burn 700 calories on that darn machine before my HRM read 400!! Kinda irritating..but I got over it.:indifferent:
I go into step and by the end of our 55 min session..my HRM read 445 calories! That is fantastic because I had always thought I was burning like 200 calories in step because its so fun and it doesn't really feel like a workout. :smile:
After my step class I ran into a friend who I hadn't seen in a while and his exact words were.."have you been starving yourself?! You look really good! hahaha!" And of course I told him I had been doing the exact opposite, but it just never gets old hearing that kinda stuff ya know :bigsmile: makes fighting cravings and excercising 'till my legs feel like they're about to fall off worth it!

Okay, I am done ranting. Thanks for reading. I have 845 extra cals tonight..I think I'm going to eat some peanut butter!

Replies

• food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    So today I went to the gym to do my usual session on the elliptical before I went into my step class. It was also my first time using my F6 and I was kinda irritated..!!! I usually try to burn 400 calories on the elliptical before class and what I did before I got my F6 was I would burn what the machine claimed to be 500 calories and then subtract 100. Well I found out today that I had to burn 700 calories on that darn machine before my HRM read 400!! Kinda irritating..but I got over it.:indifferent:
    I go into step and by the end of our 55 min session..my HRM read 445 calories! That is fantastic because I had always thought I was burning like 200 calories in step because its so fun and it doesn't really feel like a workout. :smile:
    After my step class I ran into a friend who I hadn't seen in a while and his exact words were.."have you been starving yourself?! You look really good! hahaha!" And of course I told him I had been doing the exact opposite, but it just never gets old hearing that kinda stuff ya know :bigsmile: makes fighting cravings and excercising 'till my legs feel like they're about to fall off worth it!

Okay, I am done ranting. Thanks for reading. I have 845 extra cals tonight..I think I'm going to eat some peanut butter!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    So that F6 is good AND bad!!! I'm lovin the F4 - I figured I didn't need the F6, but I wonder what I am missing... :huh:

Keep at it!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I went out with someone I hadn't seen since Thanksgiving a couple weeks ago and his exact words were, "you gotta lay off the cocaine!"

hahaha I could have kissed him! :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    But isn't it great to finally know the truth!?

My running coach laughs at me - she does everything the old fashioned way - non-tech methods makes me feel bad sometimes but I just tell her that knowledge is power!!
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    what is an F4 or an F6?
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    That's awesome girl, Gotta love it when ppl comment on the weightloss. It seems like u kinda evened out on the exercise thingy b/c one u were over estimating asnd the other class you were under estimating, so that's not so bad! :)
  • AJCM
    Options
    what is an F4 or an F6?

Oh - amazing heart rate monitors! You input your data - height, weight, age, etc and it gives you constant reads on heart rate and calories burned!

I love mine!
    :heart:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Is it one with a chest strap? How much money? lol I want one!
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    the f6 does come with a chest strap. mine was about $110.
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Yep it comes with a chest strap. Apparently those without straps are not as accurate. I got my F6 on ebay for 60 dollars brand new and that was with shipping!
  • AJCM
    Options
    $60 for the F6 is such a deal!!!!!! I'm jealous!!!!! Did you get the cute pink one? I got the ice blue - matches my workout gear.

I'm in Canada, so to get the $80 F4 from E-bay, and have it delivered, and pay duty, I'd be over $100.

Sportchek has them on sale this week, and I got my F4 for $99 + tax. I still love it anyway!
    :flowerforyou:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Yes I did get the cute pink one!! :bigsmile: