Hello-Introduction & Question

Options
Hi My name is Erin. I am new to MyFitnessPal, but already, I love it. I really enjoy the option to scan a bar code to enter any food item into my diary. I was feeling good this morning about my potential of weight loss after just five short weeks. However, I just added my lunch and that dramatically changed. Sad face:( I do incorporate exercise into my daily routine to ensure my success, I am wondering if anyone has ideas to help me lose weight in my hind quarters? Also, what in the world can I eat as a snack that doesn't dramatically change what my alloted points are for the day? I am aware that there are 'good' points and 'bad' points in every food that we eat. I am frustrated though, that I just ate 3 plain rice cakes and raw un-salted peanut butter and almost used up all of my lunch points. Here is my question: What is somethign that I can snake on when having a terrible craving or trying to curb my feeling of being starving without using all my points???? Any suuggestion would be helpful really :) Thanks for your in-put.

Replies

• littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Veggies are great snacks and very low calories
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hello! You should definitely incorporate daily exercise! Even if it is as simple as walking! i've noticed the dramatic change in weight loss on the 5 week thing, it all really depends on you and what you do. It's just a projected thing.
    I would consider trying to add high fiber foods into our diet- that is if you don't already. But.. One way I cure my cravings for something, if I don't want to blow my calorie goal is... WATER! Ice cold water. It works miracles. And plus you can up your intake in water if you do that, which, is a plus. Also... If you can up your intake of water by 1.5, so make it 12 glasses of water a day, then you can drop weight a little easier than with out it.

I hope this helps. And if you need any help, you can be my friend on here and we can exchange ideas!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! But I find that if I eat a handful of nuts (almonds work best) then I feel full longer since they are high in fiber.
    28 almonds = 160 cals

Good Luck!
  • erinlyon
    Options
    Gibster88~ Thank you! I tend to forget simple ideas for frustrating issues. I have tried adding more water into my diet in the past, and it really does help. Thanks :):tongue: