Help me decide what to eat

Options
So, I'll be at the Hornets game tonight. Here is a link to the available options. What sounds healthiest to you?

http://www.nba.com/hornets/tickets/New_Orleans_Arena_Concessions.html

Replies

• Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the sashimi. But then again I've been craving some good sushi/sashimi all week.... :P
  • NBFIT
    NBFIT Posts: 79
    Options
    Have to agree. Sushi sounds best. Other wise maybe the carved turkey breast sandwich or other seafood (not fried).
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    omigosh. i would be a lost cause. good luck!
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that was my best bet, thanks for confirming.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Shrimp cocktail is a good choice...otherwise these things look the least dangerous to me:

fajita wrap
    turkey dog
    carved blackened turkey
    red bean and rice
    gumbo
    veggie plate
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    ok Im going to sound neg but

Im a Director of Operations for Concessions for the Atlanta Falcons in the GA DOME.
    You should really eat before going..
    ALL that food was prepared days ago, been sitting in a cooler and then reheated to serve.
    All arena and convention centers do it this way.
    Most if packed with calories and carbs you dont want , and you are not going to find a chart that tells you what is in it.

It is made to taste great and look good, not be healthy at all.
  • sturderick
    Options
    Carved blackened turkey, shrimp cocktail, sushi, blackened chicken sandwich, veggie pita. Don't put sauces on sandwiches if you want to save calories and fat. Those are probably the lowest fat content and healthiest choices in my opinion. Water to drink :( I would save enough calories for wine myself but I'm sure there are some lite beer choices too. I would honestly eat before I went.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that was my best bet, thanks for confirming.
    Be careful with the sushi, they can put a lot of mayo in them...and then all that rice....
  • pandajones
    pandajones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please don't eat sushi at a stadium. It's just not decent.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    ok Im going to sound neg but

Im a Director of Operations for Concessions for the Atlanta Falcons in the GA DOME.
    You should really eat before going..
    ALL that food was prepared days ago, been sitting in a cooler and then reheated to serve.
    All arena and convention centers do it this way.
    Most if packed with calories and carbs you dont want , and you are not going to find a chart that tells you what is in it.

It is made to taste great and look good, not be healthy at all.

I take back my previous statement. DO NOT EAT THE SUSHI! :P
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I went with the cheese and fruit platter. It's hard for them to foul up fruit. And the cheese well It's got a lot of fat, but also protein too, so it could be worse.