"I JUST HAD A BABY" = i Don't want to use this excuse anymor

Options
Our son is almost 6 months old. He is our third and last baby (we also have 2 daughters - 5.5yrs and 3yrs old).
I'm really tired of using the excuse"well, I just had a baby!" i want to get in shape for me and them!

anyone else???

Replies

• netsirk419
    netsirk419 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a nine month old daughter and gained 90lbs during my pregnancy. I agree, especially because that excuse won't work when she's 9 years old.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I used that excuse until my daughter was 21! I can't use it anymore!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Mine is 2 1/2 and I honestly thought in my head "well he is only "2". That was my awakening!
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Girl me too. I have a 3 1/2 yo and 10 month old twins. I dont want to use that excuse anymore either. I am 5lbs away from my pre-pregnacy weight with the twins and 23lbs away from my pre-pregnacy weight with my 3 1/2 yo. By the twins 1st b-day I want to weight less than I did when I got pregnant with them. I have until April 13th.
  • lissie_ann
    lissie_ann Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too! my son is almost 18 months and i've decide that is NOT an excuse anymore! Getting in shape!
  • JoinerMaus
    Options
    I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and an 8 (well 9 on Monday) month old son. They really need a Mommy who can play with them.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yep, have a 3 year old and a 10 month old. I started on this site when the youngest was about 5 months and I know she is my last so I decided to get this done!
    I took an additional 10 pounds off my original goal and it feels great!!! I could never of come this far without MFP!

It looks like you are well on your way! Keep it rolling!!!!
  • Mikespook
    Options
    Well...you did just have a baby! Give yourself a little bit of a break! It took 9 1/2 months to gain the weight and you are obviously not just sitting around according to your weight loss so far. Instead of thinking of it as an excuse, use it as a motivational mantra to get fit and healthy for your little one :-) You are doing great!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    YAY to all of us Mommies who are busy but know the importance of taking care of ourselves too!!!!
  • laurakrowe
    Options
    what are some of your down falls? i know when my daughters do not finish lunch i'm apt to eat what's left over on their plates, whether i'm hungry or not. ugh.
  • Meggers1022
    Meggers1022 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 month old son and I'm trying SOOO hard to lose the rest of my baby weight! :-/ Good luck!!
  • melits
    melits Posts: 4
    Options
    My son's first birthday is this month and I'm still carrying around that last 10 pounds. I want it to be gone aleady!