Men: Who LOVE Curvy Women?

Options
So i myself have never had a problem getting men, I was married and in various long term relationships while overweight. Now i find myself inbetween...not obese and not skinny. My boyfriend preferd me heavy. we broke up, i lost 60lbs and although he loved me chubby, he liked my confidence better when i was less when we got back together.

what do the men on here have to say?? which do you prefer, self confidence or a certain look(skinny,inbetween,chubby,obese) Does self confidence make anyone more attractive to you?

Replies

• EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Does self confidence make anyone more attractive to you?

Absolutely!

To answer your other question, I like some curviness; I guess that would classify as inbetween. Pair that up with self-confidence and watch out! :)
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    I'd go with self confidence...

I don't like ladies who are skin and bones, I LOVE those curves (healthy ones)
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My husband prefers the confidence factor. I myself was alot heavier than I am now when we first got together and seeing some of his exes, I can see he doesn't have a size preference. He says confidence is super sexy!!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Great topic - I always assumed guys only liked thinner girls! Never thought I stood a chance with anyone!
  • barberella
    Options
    Though I'm not a man, the last few relationships I have been in have been with men that loved curves on a gal. None of them liked skinny thin women. All of them like "thick girls" or a little "junk in the trunk".

My current beau is the same way and he says he is actually scared of me losing my "thickness" as he really likes it, and is worried I will become "skinny".
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    My man <3s my athletic muscular body.. I'm not skinny nor am I curvy.. everyone is different, and as long as you are confident YOU ARE SEXY!
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer women to have a bit of extra padding. Especially in the butt. I do not find rail-thin women to be attractive in any way, and while I can appreciate the hard athletic look for what it is, I find things like a 6-pack on a woman to be a major turn off.

Even when I was in great shape and was ripped and muscular back in my teens and 20's, I still always preferred women to be just a tad heavier.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Though I'm not a man, the last few relationships I have been in have been with men that loved curves on a gal. None of them liked skinny thin women. All of them like "thick girls" or a little "junk in the trunk".

My current beau is the same way and he says he is actually scared of me losing my "thickness" as he really likes it, and is worried I will become "skinny".

That is the way my boyfriend is also
  • simplexserenity
    simplexserenity Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hmmm where do all of these amazing men live?
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    believe me, its not hard to find a guy when your heavier, u just need o find the right guy...he will come along!:flowerforyou:
  • BStayer
    Options
    I've seen a lot of before and after pics (not so much on this site, but others) where a girl lost a little weight and I've found myself enjoying the before pics more than the after pics! Now I don't like obese girls, but a girl that's soft and supple is where it's at for me. Not really fat, but not considered skinny either. Give me those curves!
  • newsammy11
    newsammy11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I'm asking the same xD
  • Supa817
    Supa817 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I'm asking the same xD

Me too!! :laugh:
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Sounds like I'm in the minority here, I'll take thin (but not skin/bones) to in between. Curves are good too as long they are in the right place and somewhat proportionate.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I much more love a curvier woman then a skinny, skin and bones, and confidence, huge turn on for me, and thankfully, I have a wonderful wife that has both. I would much rather look at a woman or be a woman you has curves, then rail thin. Gotta have something to hold on to.
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Great question!
  • Devourer
    Options
    There is a line between thin and curvy and another between curvy and obese.

Any of those three body types can be confident, I've met plenty of women abundant in confident in all three and just as many shy/demure women in each.

Confidence will go along way to how a gentleman perceives your personality (strong versus weak) and this is a trait added to (not separate from) how attractive they perceive your body.

Personally, I have been in relationships with thin and curvy women. Its not that I think a woman who is obese is 'unattractive' its just that (while I have a spare tire) I do not consider myself obese and I expect a partner to have at least some level of pride so as to not let one go to the point of morbid obesity.

As for my current gravitation to women with a bit of padding, I'm a big guy - not just the gut - and I have misjudged my strength more than once. Any women I can pick up with one hand and break in half (and thinks they still need to diet) doesn't tickle my interest.
    I'm far too afraid I'd break them if I sneezed too violently.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see so many men say they prefer curves. I do think, though, that sometimes a woman's definition of "curves" differs from a man's. It seems like men often think of, say, Megan Fox, as being a "curvy" woman. Compared to most of us, though, she is pretty skinny (though, truthfully she does have curves)! I have been both skinny with curves--size 4-- and "fuller" (for lack of a better word) with curves--size 10--which is what I am now. Interestingly, I have never felt confident about the way I look, not even when I was thin. I remember being a size four, wearing a string bikini. When I look at pictures now, I see that I looked amazing, but I remember feeling so uncomfortable! Also interestingly, I have gotten WAY more attention from men at my heavier state (my current size 10) than I EVER got when I was 115 lbs! My boyfriend says he loves my curves. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter a whole lot since I don't believe it myself--I don't like the way I look, so when guys hit on me, I just keep thinking, "What are they seeing that I'm not seeing???!". I don't get it.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    When I say curves, lets see if I can relate it to someone famous, Christina Hendricks ( I think that is her name) from Mad Men, Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer love Hewitt, Vida Guerra and Alica Keys to name a few, and even some of them maybe a lil skinnier then I prefer. I believe a woman looks good with a lil junk in the trunk, and proportionate to their height, but alas, thats just my opinion.
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    It's nice to see so many men say they prefer curves. I do think, though, that sometimes a woman's definition of "curves" differs from a man's. It seems like men often think of, say, Megan Fox, as being a "curvy" woman. Compared to most of us, though, she is pretty skinny (though, truthfully she does have curves)! I have been both skinny with curves--size 4-- and "fuller" (for lack of a better word) with curves--size 10--which is what I am now. Interestingly, I have never felt confident about the way I look, not even when I was thin. I remember being a size four, wearing a string bikini. When I look at pictures now, I see that I looked amazing, but I remember feeling so uncomfortable! Also interestingly, I have gotten WAY more attention from men at my heavier state (my current size 10) than I EVER got when I was 115 lbs! My boyfriend says he loves my curves. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter a whole lot since I don't believe it myself--I don't like the way I look, so when guys hit on me, I just keep thinking, "What are they seeing that I'm not seeing???!". I don't get it.

omg that couldnt be more true!!! when i was younger and in shape i felt disgusting about my self, only dated one guy in highschool(for 3 years mind you) but i got way more attention when i was really curvy...(size 18) but i feel MUCH better being smaller, minus the lack of brests!!!! i hope i still keep my curves when im done this journey, it would be a shame if they went :(