Does what you eat matter?

Options
2»

Replies

• MsMouseMouse
    MsMouseMouse Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the wonderful advise. I do love chocolate, especially Coffee Crisp bars. Maybe I will keep it for a treat every once in a while. I am only getting at this now even though I have been here a couple of weeks. Got a treadmill, and some motivation, and after eating all my meals I still have about 400 calories left over. I will take a lot of apples and veggies to use that up.
  • honeyrabbit
    Options
    The short answer i'd say is YES..it does matter!!
    ....BUT i'd also say that IF the majority of the food you eat is healthy and nutritious (and that's a big IF)..the occasional chocolate bar as a treat, if you have enough calories left to play with is okay.

For me personally I don't like to feel that i'm being deprived of the things I really enjoy so having an OCCASIONAL treat keeps me motivated. I do make sure i've earned it though and only ever have the chocolate bar if the calories I have spare are from exercising my butt off!!
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Can you lose weight with just about any diet, if you are strict on your calories -- yea?

But are you just trying to lose weight, or are you trying to get healthier, get more energy, be more attractive, etc.? Treat your body the way you want to look.

You'll hear the term "skinny-fat" a lot on here. It's what people refer to what they looked like after they lost a bunch of weight but didn't address their nutrition and exercise enough so their body didn't quite look the way they imagined.
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
  • hotmooglelove
    Options
    Last year I ate a Taco Bell party pack every day for a week just to prove I would loose weight. Best 70 dollars I've ever spent :happy:

(I even ate a taco every hour for 12 hours to boost my metabolism!)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    short term no.....but in general yes. It's okay to have that chocolate bar or treat once in awhile but over all it's best to choose healthy items whenever possible.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Long term... it matters. Once in a great while? Not going to make a huge difference. In fact, it may be beneficial to know in the back of your mind that NOTHING is off limits. If I thought I had to go the rest of my life without ever having stuff that's "bad" for me, whether it's the occasional loaded baked potato, Cadbury Creme Egg, or Whipped Cream Vodka... *shudder* That's not how I want to live! :laugh:

Sometimes, you just need the splurge. And if you can have the splurge without a ton of guilt, regret, remorse and thinking you failed, all the better!