Not always easy

Options
Some days I wonder how come I seem to sabotage my efforts. I am such an emotional eater.....I get frustrated with one of my boys, and McDonald's here I come.
With support from this site, I hope that I will come here instead of run to McDs to vent.
Anyone else ever have issues like this.....and if so, how do you control it?

Replies

• tryinagain
    tryinagain Posts: 11
    Options
    Some days I wonder how come I seem to sabotage my efforts. I am such an emotional eater.....I get frustrated with one of my boys, and McDonald's here I come.
    With support from this site, I hope that I will come here instead of run to McDs to vent.
    Anyone else ever have issues like this.....and if so, how do you control it?
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am really bad about the emotional eating..especially if I'm bored. I could never figure out a way to control it until this last week when I joined here. I pretend that my food and exercise logs are posted for everyone on the site to see...then when I'm about to eat something for the wrong reasons, or eat too much of something, I think about how it will look on my logs. I know it's kind of silly, but it really has helped. I picture a group of MFP'ers shaking their heads sorrowfully as they read my logs. :laugh:
  • tryinagain
    tryinagain Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for the idea. I'll keep it in mind. I too am going to use this site as more of a support.
    One thing I know helps is to honestly write down what I eat.....which I did today, and it really isn't pretty, but it is there.
    Tomorrow is a new day.
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    "Tomorrow is a new day"

It's very important to remember that! Don't decide to sabotage the whole week because today didn't go well.
    Just keep working away at it...baby steps. One day you will be writing down your food for the day and realize that you didn't eat a single thing that you didn't really want, that you didn't eat anything unless you were actually hungry, and that you ate a healthy, balanced diet that day, and you will be so glad you didn't quit trying!
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Bad habits die hard. And if you are an emotional eater that is even more difficult.
    yes, take it one day at a time. Don't expect that just because you now have good intentions and are finally doing something things will automatically fall in place. they won't. The entire "changing your lifestyle" process (which is what this really should be) takes time.

Do I have issues like this? Yes. Today for instance I got a call from a friend to help him transport something to his beach house. We left at 1 pm, it's a 1 hour trip one way, and I had to work tonight at 11pm. So when I come home finally at 5, I know I have only a few hrs to sleep. Grab something like a Hamburger on the way 'cause I really did not want to waist time to go shopping or make something. Not good. But happens. Ended up of course NOT sleeping at 5 and will probably be a little tired.

So it's "Tomorrow is a new day". Things like that happen.

Think about if you can find other way's to "vent" but eating. Shopping? Working out?

Like the squirrel mrsbeck! Never seen that variety here in my neck of the woods!:wink: