Options
13»

Replies

• spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    At the moment I look like an inverted hourglass :laugh:

quite skinny, but trained calves and a skinny head
    followed by very ripped shoulders and (too) muscular thighs.
    all around my tummy seems to be spare tire o0 (that clearly needs to be lost ;))
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    it's genetics

i'm a pear .

even if you're not a fan of your stomach you can always wear clothing that emphasizes in creating a waist for a focus line... i've been watching too much of what not to wear

lol! someone needs to put stacy on a show entitled, "what not to wear in your hair - a gray streak". lol!
  • Surftink
    Options
    Hey guys, I am not sure if anyone is still reading this feed but.... You can "change" your body shape. Not everyone can probably be a "perfect" hourglass... but that would be boring anyways!

However, if you do want to chnage your shape a little bit, check out this website I found it shows workouts to help you achieve more of an hourglass... I find myself between a cone and a rectangle.

Good Luck Beauties! and most importantly, remember how awesome you are, no matter your shape or size.

http://www.brainyweightloss.com/female-body-shape.html#axzz2JDtWM7hj
  • Surftink
    Options
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I guess my question is if your body shape depens on your weight and how you choose to work out or are you inherently one shape? I've been apple all my life but I hate my belly. Is it possible for someone like me to become an hourglass figure?

Unfortunately, we are inherently given a specific body type based on bone structure. The good thing is that though you may not be able to change the initial shape of your body, you can work certain parts of your body to enhance and draw attention away from the spots you don't want attention.

For instance. I am a pear shaped woman. My shoulders and torso are smaller than my lower body. (wide hips and heavy legs) I am doing the body for life workout, and with weights am changing the shape of my shoulders. Now that my shoulders are getting built up, my waist is looking even smaller. I have not changed my bone structure, just built up muscle on my shoulder caps to make them look wider. check out this website www.bodyforlife.com. The workout on here is awesome.

I hope this helps.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm a banana, rectangle, straight, whatever you want to call it. Apparently almost 50% of women are like me!

I'm 5'8" and my measurements are 38-32-38.

The first place the weight goes is my waist. It also comes off the waist first and most. I have a small frame so even though I'm at a healthy BMI, I still have about 10 pounds of extra fat that I'm trying to lose. Maybe I'll be a bit more hourglass once I can lose that last little bit of weight. *fingers crossed*
  • lizjjam
    lizjjam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was always straight up straight down when I was younger. As I´ve got older, I´ve been an apple, a square and currently a blob! Longing for an hourglass but if I go back to being an ironing board, so be it! I just don´t wanna be a blob anymore..
  • diannetrim
    diannetrim Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a banana, rectangle, straight, whatever you want to call it. Apparently almost 50% of women are like me!

I'm 5'8" and my measurements are 38-32-38.

The first place the weight goes is my waist. It also comes off the waist first and most. I have a small frame so even though I'm at a healthy BMI, I still have about 10 pounds of extra fat that I'm trying to lose. Maybe I'll be a bit more hourglass once I can lose that last little bit of weight. *fingers crossed*

I'm the same as you. Just shorter. 5'3 :[
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear :)
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    As another poster said, it depends on your bone structure. Gaining weight will change your shape "temporarily", especially if you gain around your stomach.

Me, I'm an hourglass figure, I gain most of my weight in my hips/butt or chest......lucky me I guess. :x
    After losing weight recently I use waist training to enhance my waistline.

>"Hourglass can be a tough shape to dress, even if it's considered 'an ideal.' "
    Everyone wants the hourglass figure, but all the mannequins I see are bananas.
  • CurvyMay5
    Options
    I use to weigh 143 about 8yrs ago :happy: my measurements were 36c-29-36 gain so much weigh in the past went up to 247 ouch looked a hot mess :explode: this year on March 22,2013 I got my lapband done today August 8th I am 197 measurements are still bad no where near my hourglass shape i'm at 38-36-42 :mad: seem like i'm either a rectangle or pear shape in some shape calculator I been online I just want my hourglass shape back miss:sad: it :happy: and I am sure gonna work on it too.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    For me, I am an inverted triangle most of my life but I also can minimize my waist to the point I become an hourglass/top hourglass.

When I'm 108 I'm 37.5-25-33 an inverted triangle.

When I'm 95-100 lbs I'm an hourglass 36-23-33. For rectangles and inverted triangle becoming an hourglass is inevitable as long as the pelvis structure is over 30".