sweet potato fries

Options
tamrajd
tamrajd Posts: 86
very yummmy! but i couldn't seem to get them crisp i got them alittl to burnt trying to get them to crisp up. but they were still very yummy. thanks:happy:

Replies

• tamrajd
    Options
    very yummmy! but i couldn't seem to get them crisp i got them alittl to burnt trying to get them to crisp up. but they were still very yummy. thanks:happy:
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I make them all the time, they don't get as crisp though but they still taste really good. I prefer then over potatoes now.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    they are quite nice as wedges as well. we call them kumra here and i have started having them over potatoes realy nice mashed with pumpkin you dont need much butter or milk to moisten it as the kumra sorry sweet potatoe isn't as dry as potatoe
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options

I wonder if you take them from being fried and then put them in the oven for a bit to crisp them up?

I have had them bought as crisp... MOST delicious!
  • tamrajd
    Options
    i only baked them but i did wonder about fring in deep fryer but decided culdn't afford the extra fat. but they were very good. i think i will cut the wedges a little bigger next time though.
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    Trader Joes makes really good sweet potato fries. All you have to do is bake for about 20ish minutes and they're tasty and crispy.

For 3oz it's 190 cals and 9 g of fat
  • tamrajd
    Options
    i see the brand name trader joes alot in the food listings, I haven't seen that around here. i live in the southern tip of il. is that a northern brand.