making friends

Options
i want to make some friends with people who are tryinig to find a new way of eating. i dont believe in diets so but would love to hear how other people stayied within their calorie intake with small lifestyle changes.

Replies

• curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I do drink diet sodas on occasion, but mostly I drink water, even if I eat fast food or go to a restaurant, I just drink water. That really helps keep the weight from coming back. Also, get in a habit of exercise. I have heard many professionals say that although it is possible to lose weight without exercising, most people that keep it off do regular exercise. I also almost always eat breakfast, but I forgo the pancakes and bacon for the most part. You can eat what you want but smaller portions. Keep in mind that if you like sweets its a really small portion, ha ha. I actually have a scale and I just put my plate on it, then turn it on and weigh my food so I know exactly how much I am eating. After awhile you will just know. Just some ideas.
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Marlinedorcinvil Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot. That helps.
  • MomOfMikeAndLiam
    Options
    Um, I might have already mentioned that I am returning to the ways of calorie counting after a year hiatus. I lost 50lbs by making life changes, but in the year after losing the weight, I put back on 10lbs by eating everything that crossed my path with no question. So, I'm back to make sure I don't eat my way back up. What I did do that worked was change the kinds of foods we had in the house. First, all grains changed from white (empty calories) to whole wheat. That included all breads, pastas, rice, cereals, etc. Second, we changed all our fatty red meat choices to white or lean meats. Instead of Ground Beef, we chose Ground Turkey. Instead of red meat in general we turned to chicken and pork. All dairy we changed from full fat to low fat or fat free. That includes milk, cheese, sr cream, coffee creamer, even the dairy treats like ice cream (we purchased Skinny Cow Ice Creams). And... replace your drinks with water. Start with better product is what I think works. Just from changing to quality foods in the house, I lost 15lbs
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    I've been working on making small changes for a while now and it's paying off. I started with going to the gym every day for 30 minutes, I'm not up to an hour every day. It helps that my company has a gym on site so I go in before work, grab a shower and go upstairs to my desk. I can't lose weight if I don't exercise, maybe a couple of pounds here and there but not the kind of weight loss I need.

I have cut out treats. I love sugar. I love anything made with sugar. If I have even just a little bit I crave more and more. I can't (at this point) just have a little bit and be satisfied. Just a small amount triggers the cravings so much that I have to avoid it at all cost - which really isn't that hard to do when you stop buying it!

I eat basically the same foods every day, it's just easier. Breakfast (after my workout) is three hard boiled eggs whites - I just toss the yolks. I have some Fiber One Carmel Delight cereal for a snack - no milk, I actually like it dry. Lunch is a protein shake. Afternoon snack is a piece or two of fruit. Dinner is a small portion of whatever the family is having or I'll bake a sweet potato. I don't have an evening snack, I've never been into evening snacking so I don't see the point in starting now.

I typically end up at about 1100-1200 calories for the day which because of my workouts is a little low but I'm not hungry so why eat when I'm not hungry?
  • nsignia
    Options
    Water... definitely water. My husband and I have started adding more to our every day and have both started feeling better. I fill up emply water bottles with filtered water from our fridge and keep one everywhere I am, so any time I feel the urge to grab a coffee or snack on something, I take a sip of water instead. Have dropped from 8-10 coffees a day down to 2-3. At 100 cal avg per coffee, that adds up! Plus I feel like I have more energy and I'm not so stiff after workouts.