headache after Zumba?

shelliewu
shelliewu Posts: 15
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Let me preface this by saying that I have frequent headaches, see a neurologist, and am on medication to help prevent headaches.

I went to my first Zumba class Monday. I had a slight headache all day. I made sure to stay hydrated drinking about 60 oz of water throughout the day and during the class. After completing the Zumba class, my head really began to hurt. I still have the headache 2 days later.
Does anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if the new exercise class might have triggered the headache.
I do Just Dance at home and have done Jazzercise in the past and haven't had this problem before.

Thanks!

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    No clue. The only thing I could think of is that with Zumba you are moving your hips, and therefore your lower spine, a lot, and maybe it's hitting something down there and causing the head aches. I'm not a Dr, but it may be something to check out. Parts of the body cause issues in others, they're all connected somehow. Or maybe your medicine from the neurologist has lost its affect. Just a though.

Good luck! And I hope they get better!
  • hey i also take zumba classes and at first i got headaches and it was because i was moving and turning to fast and taking to big of steps/ movements. i have been taking it a month now and i have adjusted to move smoothly and slower and not jerk my body.
This discussion has been closed.