Over fifty and not giving up!

Options
A newbie to this site and an oldie to diets! This has to be my year to lose weight! Tried so many times but wont give up. Any buddies for me?

Replies

• danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request your way. I'm also over 50 and plan on successful weight loss this time :flowerforyou:
  • ddrobins1956
    Options
    Me too. I'm 55 and want to live and enjoy my life. I need to make this change and I VOW that I will. I'll help you and you help me, ok?
  • Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Add me! 59 and always looking for more support! MFP beats them all!
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a small group of friends for support. I got active in January but am having a hard time making the lifestyle changes necessary. I'm 55 and would like to send friend requests to all of you.
  • cruisngrl
    Options
    I am sixy one so older than most on this site but just joined.
    Started tracking at the beginning of the month but whenever I cheat, I tend to now fill in the diary.
    Hopefully I am turning a new corner by even writing on a message board. A first for me.
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Fifty one here... and I want to lose 100 pounds by the time I am fifty three. I would love to join your group if there is room for another!
  • cmlucia
    cmlucia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend:smile: I'm over 50, am a Weight Watchers lifetime member, and guess what? I'm about 20lbs over weight and just haven't been able lose it.This is my year. I'm gonna do it.. I'm new to this website and it's going to work-I'm going to make it work. So here we go friend!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Never give up! I stuck with it and in one year dropped 111 pounds :-) MFP rocks!
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm 51 in 2 days : )
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request-55 here and wanting to make a change-need to make a change. Anyone else who wants to send a friedn request, feel free to do so. We all can use the motivation and help! :smile:
  • nancy5012
    Options
    I'm 54 and have lost 40 pounds (20 since being on MFP) and yes you CAN do it!! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, will send you a friend request. I'm a couple of years away from 50, but it will be here before I know it, and I'd like to be in better shape by then! :smile: I'm in Scotland (UK) and looking to lose at least 50lbs, maybe a bit more.
  • Lisainflorida
    Options
    I'd love for all of you to friend me as well.....I would like to lose about 25 pounds and it just gets so tough to drop the weight at 51.......I am so good about documenting everything and it is coming off sooooo slowly - I need the motivation as well!!

Looking forward to some new friends on here!!

Lisa
  • ckarnes2000
    Options
    I have 45 lbs to lose. I've been a MFP member for a few years, byt not consistent. This year, I'm reaching out to other to hold me accountable. Feel free to friend me.. Cindy
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-6480596
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I'm 53! Send me friend requests please! MFP is really sticky about not sending more than 5 friend requests out even though I tried to friend everyone on this thread!
  • lzj21428
    lzj21428 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    53 here. Have lost 87 lbs, 36 of those with MFP. Having a hard time losing the last 15 lbs. Hope we can all support each other.
  • phyllis26
    Options
    I am a newbie also, I have been gaining and losing weight all my life and would love to stay at a healthy weight for the rest of my life. 53 years of age with three children and three grandchildren and a husband,need to stay healthy for them. Lost 3lbs with MFP and my goal is to lose 20 lbs and keep it off.
  • peprwpr
    peprwpr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request. Im not 50, but I will be 49 in a month. Ive just started out on this journey. New friends would be a great addition.
    Karla
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm 53! Send me friend requests please! MFP is really sticky about not sending more than 5 friend requests out even though I tried to friend everyone on this thread!

How about starting a group called "OVER 50 AND NOT GIVING UP"? then we could all join the group and we woulnt have to friend each member individually?