MFP's Runners Club..June 27th...AGAIN!

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Where is Mirelle and Ali and Afaurot? Come out and post ladies!!
  • pmkelly409
    Good Morning All!!!

Ali - I agree, go get shoes!! Don't deny yourself!! Exercise is the best thing for stress - and surgery is pretty stressful!

JD - I am so curious about these workouts now! I cannot wait to see the results!! We will need a pic shirtless for proof you know!:wink::wink:

So last night I was supposed to run 5 miles, but I changed my course a bit due to mean barking crazy dogs that were roaming the street UNLEASHED!! ARG:explode: . So I ended up running 5.8 instead! I wasn't going to worry about the exact mileage but I was bored and you just gotta love www.mapmyrun!! So yea me!

Happy Running today everyone!

Shannon - you didn't post your plan for today? Did you run this am or is it a rest day?

Tomorrow is a 10 mile run, I'm resting today! :tongue:

Today is my rest day too, but I am only scheduled to do 7 tomorrow. then I am going to a wedding and dance the night away! Banane21.gifBanane21.gifBanane21.gif
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member

I just got home.
    I had to take my oldest daughter to the doctor to discuss her breathing problems. She is snoring like a grown man at night and can't seem to breath through her nose. We've already ruled out allergies so this morning after the Dr's appt, we went and had X rays taken to see if her Altoids and sinuses are normal. If not, she may have to have surgery. My poor baby!

I bought Jeff Galloway's book last night and I started reading it. I really like how he focuses on your resting your body and making sure to over work your body while training. His training schedule is more than reasonable and I was even wondering to myself if it was enough. :wink: But I guess someone with his expertise knows what he's talking about. lol
    I've decided to sign up for the 1/2 marathon and I will start training on Sunday. I'm going to take the next couple of days off and I'm just enjoy myself.

Have a wonderful day my friends!
  • pmkelly409

I just got home.
    I had to take my oldest daughter to the doctor to discuss her breathing problems. She is snoring like a grown man at night and can't seem to breath through her nose. We've already ruled out allergies so this morning after the Dr's appt, we went and had X rays taken to see if her Altoids and sinuses are normal. If not, she may have to have surgery. My poor baby!

I bought Jeff Galloway's book last night and I started reading it. I really like how he focuses on your resting your body and making sure to over work your body while training. His training schedule is more than reasonable and I was even wondering to myself if it was enough. :wink: But I guess someone with his expertise knows what he's talking about. lol
    I've decided to sign up for the 1/2 marathon and I will start training on Sunday. I'm going to take the next couple of days off and I'm just enjoy myself.

Its ADNOIDS silly woman - Altoids are the 'curiously strong mints'!

anyway, my son had the snoring issue too!! BAD! we had him do a sleep study and he had sleep apnea and they took his tonsils and adnoids out last June - no lie, he does not make a peep now!! It is wonderful!! Ask about the sleep study, it was not evasive and was done overnight is 6 hours, no biggie...

Glad you got the book! I love him!! I love his walk during your run method....My personal trainer runs marathons and she turned me on tho him. He has lots of articles on RunnersWorld too.

Have a great weekend!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member

I just got home.

What kind of surgery would she have to have? :frown:

Good job on the 1/2!! Guess I'll really have to sign up for the August one now! :embarassed:
  • Mireille

I just got home.

Its ADNOIDS silly woman - Altoids are the 'curiously strong mints'!

anyway, my son had the snoring issue too!! BAD! we had him do a sleep study and he had sleep apnea and they took his tonsils and adnoids out last June - no lie, he does not make a peep now!! It is wonderful!! Ask about the sleep study, it was not evasive and was done overnight is 6 hours, no biggie...

Glad you got the book! I love him!! I love his walk during your run method....My personal trainer runs marathons and she turned me on tho him. He has lots of articles on RunnersWorld too.

Have a great weekend!!!

D'oh!! I'm french, that's my excuse. lmao
    I will ask him about the sleep study once we get the results. Thanks!
  • Mireille

I just got home.

Good job on the 1/2!! Guess I'll really have to sign up for the August one now! :embarassed:

I'm not exactly sure. He told me it was day surgery which is good news. He didn't really want to talk about it until we found out more.

I'm so glad you are running. That was 8/8 right! lol
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member

I'm not exactly sure. He told me it was day surgery which is good news. He didn't really want to talk about it until we found out more.

Huh??? Whatchoo talking about??? :huh:

Mine's eight days into August. :laugh:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Goodmorning! It is so smoky here that all of my kids swimming classes were canceled! First time i 12 years! I am off to the gym - will run walk 3 miles. My left knee and foot are hurting from Wednesday's run? I have good shoes but think I may need insertts (Superfeet we call them).

Hate the smoke - they may even cancel fireworks statewide! :grumble:

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille

Huh??? Whatchoo talking about??? :huh:

Mine's eight days into August. :laugh:

Hey, I swear I didn't type that last line on that post. That's really weird. I swear my Frenchness had nothing to do with it!!
    That's really funny tho!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Ok my fellow runners....I have been running everyday for the past week or so...not even taking a day at rest. (I always feel guilty or bad when I do...silly, huh?!?!) Anyway...today I decided to do intervals on our treadmill. OMG!! I ran at 6mph at an 8% incline, 4.5 mph at 15% incline and 7.5 at 5%incline for 30 minutes with a cool down of 5 minutes. I am now beginning to wonder if I will be able to walk tomorrow. I didn't go as far as normal but I burned more calories and felt totally invigorated when I was done. I have a feeling though that tomorrow I won't be able to walk:sad:

I was reading a training book that said a great way to get faster is to do interval training at a litlle less than normal pace but lots of inclines. I am giving it a shot.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    lmbo...you guys are sooo silly!!!

I have not yet headed out today....switching my morning run for an evening one ...because 1, went out last night...had this thing called...a "hangover" this morning...every hear of one...Shannon? lol...just a little headache...but I"m all betta now! lol...was my boss and my co-wrkrs bday and I work w/ my sister too so it was a blast....ANYWAY.....

I plan on 3 today the heat is approaching 90's and humid....ya can't wait for that run...boy oh boy! :sad:

hugs and great job you all!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Good Morning All!!!

Ali - I agree, go get shoes!! Don't deny yourself!! Exercise is the best thing for stress - and surgery is pretty stressful!

JD - I am so curious about these workouts now! I cannot wait to see the results!! We will need a pic shirtless for proof you know!:wink::wink:

So last night I was supposed to run 5 miles, but I changed my course a bit due to mean barking crazy dogs that were roaming the street UNLEASHED!! ARG:explode: . So I ended up running 5.8 instead! I wasn't going to worry about the exact mileage but I was bored and you just gotta love www.mapmyrun!! So yea me!

Happy Running today everyone!

Shannon - you didn't post your plan for today? Did you run this am or is it a rest day?

I use mapmyrun all the time! What an awesome site. Figured I'd put my two cents in even though I'm new here - lol.

I just started running. Last night I did 1.7 miles.
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member

I just got home.

My son is having his atnoids out on Monday and my daughter had hers out last October. It seems to be the standard here that if they have to get ear tubes a second time they take the atnoids at the same time since alot of times it is related to that. My daughter had absolutely no problem after the surgery... execpt being especially cranky that day, but thats to be expected!!
  • pmkelly409

I just got home.

My son is having his atnoids out on Monday and my daughter had hers out last October. It seems to be the standard here that if they have to get ear tubes a second time they take the atnoids at the same time since alot of times it is related to that. My daughter had absolutely no problem after the surgery... execpt being especially cranky that day, but thats to be expected!!

JUST AN FYI / WARNING!! Had to learn this the hard way - Adnoids grow back!! So, yes it is getting to be protocol to have them out when they are having ear issues at an early age - but my son has his removed at 1 year and then again at 7 years. Check it out with your ENT!!
  • pmkelly409
    lmbo...you guys are sooo silly!!!

I have not yet headed out today....switching my morning run for an evening one ...because 1, went out last night...had this thing called...a "hangover" this morning...every hear of one...Shannon? lol...just a little headache...but I"m all betta now! lol...was my boss and my co-wrkrs bday and I work w/ my sister too so it was a blast....ANYWAY.....

I plan on 3 today the heat is approaching 90's and humid....ya can't wait for that run...boy oh boy! :sad:

hugs and great job you all!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou:

Hey you lush!! :laugh: Feeling better now? Good luck on that run tonight, the combination of heat/humidity and hangover should be a great one!! :laugh: DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!! at least 16 oz 2 hours before your run and then 12oz right before your run...

:flowerforyou: Tricia
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good job Kechie! I think I'd start running at 3:00 a.m. to avoid that heat!! :noway:

Funny thing you mention 3 am... When I check the hourly forecast, the temp is the same. However, since 3 am is before sunrise, if I were crazy enough to get up that early, I'm betting it would feel a lot cooler.:smile:
  • kechiemc
    I did 1 hour of plyometrics( jump training) for my P90X workout this morning. It really keeps your heart rate up and gives quite a muscle burn. All of my running really helped. I would have been dying without a good cardio base.

Good for you! Like Shannon I am curious about these workouts. Keep us posted!

:heart: -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    I am not planning on running today, PT is in the afternoon so it will be hot and miserable. I am going to go to the gym with my mom instead. She moved down here last week, I can honestly say I don't remember her working out at all in at least the last 15 years. She came to see me at the gym on Wednesday after a job interview and said she would stay till I was done. She did 30 min on the stationary bike and 15 minutes on the arm bike. I was so proud of her!! And she said that she will start coming with me more. Haven't convinced her to run yet... but I think once she is a little more in shape I will talk her into couch to 5k. yeah mom! :flowerforyou:

Great job to everyone who is getting good runs in today!

Hope your pt goes well proudmama! :flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    I'm resting today, but I just had to share my results from my race last night.

4 miles - time : 32:35. I was shooting for 35 or better. I was so excited. I felt great except for the 2nd mile (and a little of the 3rd since it was going into the wind).

PS - my hip did hurt a little during the second mile, but when I concentrated on keeping my hips still, it helped!

Have a good day!

GREAT time! Thanks Trish for the great advice about hip swaying. I too found the information useful. Recently, after a race my husband commented "you run like a girl". I took it as a compliment.:bigsmile: However, I think he was trying to say that I do the hip sway thing when I run.:brokenheart:

Thanks again Trish!