snacks

Options
Hey i need help with snacks. Im not sure what i should be snacking on that will fill me up. anything would help thanks.

Replies

• gchelmec
    Options
    Fruit and airpop popcorn are my favorites. I like to have an apple with a laughing cow cheese- kind of that salty sweet thing.:smile:
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks:
    1. Fiber one mixed with natural peanut butter (Yum!!!)
    2. 100 calorie almonds packs
    3. Fuji apple eaten with a spoon (habit from my braces days)
    4. Low sodium tuna packets
    5. Egg beaters
    6. Baby carrots

I hope I helped!
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    apples, baby carrotts, and almonds.
  • gerwazny
    Options
    I have been having serious chocolate cravings... so I have been treating myself to a Choc. rice cake with 1tsp. peanut butter! Totally satisfying! Good Luck!
  • drexelswimmer
    Options
    I like a serving of almonds (about 28 nuts), fiber one bar, Banana/apple with 2TB peanut butter, a sandwich round with 2TB peanut butter...those are usually my go-to snacks that I keep on the go. Light and Fit yogurt is good too but it's very high sugar
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    Act II has a low calorie popcorn that is like 30 calories or something for 2 cups popped. Also, I find that eating a piece of fruit always helps. My favorite is a fuji apple. Quaker makes little chip thingys that are chocolatey mint flavored (AMAZING!) Or there are Special K cereal bars, they have ones that are Raspberry Cheesecake, Chocolatey chip cookie and chocolate pretzel! MMMm I'm gettin hungry! lol Low fat string cheese is also good. Fiber one has good bars as well that are very filling. Hope that helps! :wink:
  • gokate1
    Options
    . Apples
    . Strawberries
    .100 Calorie nabisco snack packs
    .Luna Protein bars (these are the most amazing protein bars Ive ever had)
    . Also, I like to take strawberries and then I take oreo cakesters from the nabisco snack packs and I sort of smear them on to the strawberries and I freeze them for 2 minutes so that it stays on a little better...yummy!
    . Thin crackers with just a little nutella spread on it...LOVE NUTELLA!
    . Banana with some jet puffed mallow bites
    . Freeze dried apple CRISPS
    . Jet puffed mallow bites (these are chocolate covered marshmallows and 24 are I think 130 calories)
  • sherri31
    Options
    Thanks everyone. they all sound like great idea. Now i need to go shopping.lol
  • christinslough
    christinslough Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a fruit gal. You can eat TONS of fruit with few calories and lots of great health benefits. Soft fruit like bananas does not help me feel full so I go for things like apples because the crunch is satisfying. When I am looking for something to snack on because of boredom (watching TV, etc), I like grapes because you get that same feeling you get eating a bowl of popcorn.

I also really like health conscious snack crackers (they have all kinds of organic, low sodium, reduced calorie snack crackers) or pita bread and hummus/tzaziki dip. Hummus and tzaziki (greek yogurt based dip) are both really good with slices of cucumber, celery, zuccini, etc too if you need an extra dose of veggies.

If I really need to get full, I will get a can of 60-100 calorie Progresso soup (low sodium). It's very satisfying and won't eat up many of your calories. Some people like to do little breakfast bars, granola bars, etc but they just don't seem to fill me up all the way.

Good luck! Hopefully that wasn't all stuff you already heard :)
  • fevre
    fevre Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just got back from the grocery store where I went a little crazy shopping for snacks! My personal favorites are 1 serving of Triscuits with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow (~175 cal, and that's without even getting the light Laughing Cow) or chips and salsa (depending on the chips, because fresh salsa can have very very few calories!)
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite snacks include baby carrots with Laughing Cow cheese or hummus, apples, berries, edamame, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, Fiber One yogurt (doesn't have as much sugar as some of the other kinds) Kashi oatmeal and dark chocolate chunk cookies and cheddar mini rice cakes.