When to measure your weight

Options
Depending on when I weigh myself, I swing between 1 to 2 pounds. When is the best time to check your weight ? Right after you wake up ? After lunch ? Evening ?

Any thoughts welcome....

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    when you first wake up after going to the washroom and before you eat/drink anything.
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    when you first wake up after going to the washroom and before you eat/drink anything.

absolutely. it's the most reliable way.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters - as long as you do it the same time of day every time you weigh. don't weigh one time in the morning and then the next time at night.

i'm always lighter in the late afternoon than any other time of day. (5 pm or so)
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    i go to the gym 5 days a week at 5:30 to 6:00 am and i weigh myself twice once when i get there and once when i leave for 2 weeks now it shows a 1.0 to a 1.3 lb loss in the hour to hour 1/2 i am there i like to see the change when i am done with the work out
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi there, your body weight changes throughout the day, so just choose a time that suits you and stay with it! For me, that is when I get up in the morning

rgds, David
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    As long as you do it at the same time everyday (or every time you weigh) it doesn't matter. I tend to do weigh in first thing in the morning after my workout but before I drink anything. I weigh-in the thinnest them :) I swing by up to 3 pounds throughout the day.
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    Yes what they said but definitely never right after a meal!! That's discouraging and not very accurate. It would be showing water retention, etc.
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i weigh in the morning... thats my lightest part of the day :)
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I do it first thing in the morning. I take one drink of water (to take my first med of the day) and then weigh in. I know that I have weighed lighter after a bowel movement (of course) so sometimes I have to reweigh myself. But 99% of the time first thing in the morning.
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you weigh yourself, but it is important to weigh at the same time everytime. And you should wear similar clothes each time. First thing in the morning after going to the bathroom is easy and generall you are wearing the same thing. But keep in mind that the scale is only a number. There are so many other factors included in your weight loss - inches, how you feel - increased energy, the clothes fitting better. Best of luck to you!
  • Hannah_92
    Options
    You should weigh yourself once a week in the morning after you wake up and before you eat anything. Because if you weigh yourself after a meal, the week before you could have eaten something heavier or lighter. So its best to do it on a empty tummy and only once a week or every other week. Not everyday.
  • sriramchari
    sriramchari Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Appreciate all the responses.