SINGLE MOTHER FEELING GUILTY ABOUT WORKING OUT!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I worked more than full time last time I was trying to lose weight, also with a young baby. The main thing I did to exercise was to get outside. I walked, but if you can run or jog, invest in a good jogging stroller. My little boy LOVED getting outside and taking a walk with me and that worked for a couple of years (until he got too big for the stroller I had!). I also did Walk Away the Pounds DVDs during naptime or after his bedtime. You can also fit baby into your workout -- babies love to be swung in the air (without letting go!), be flown around like Superman, lifted up on your legs during leg lifts, etc. Some of those will work well into toddlerhood too.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i used to wake up earlier just to exercise but lately i've really needed my sleep. i use workout dvds and my daughter who is 3 loves to join me. when your kids see you eating healthy and working out they are most likely to grow up and do the same. don't feel guilty you need mommy time
  • JeanK56
    Options
    don't feel guilty for taking care of yourself! by taking care of yourself you are being a better mother!

I agree with this post 100%