Night time snacking issues

Options
i have a real problem with eating later at night. I find myself hungry at night before bed even though I try to stop eating two hours before bed. Any suggestions for how to battle these late night cravings.

Replies

• petey49
    petey49 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do 1/3 cup quick oatmeal with a bit of cinnamon and milk. Warms me up and fills me up.
  • shadiasantos
    Options
    I use water. I fill myself up with one to two full glasses. Another idea would be nuts, they fill you up fast and for a long time, enough to last until you fall asleep.
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal as well. I used to do the water thing, but I'm not a fan of getting up every 2-3 hours to go pee lol
  • tuliplor
    tuliplor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My late night snack is sugar free Jello. On Sunday I make about 6 small tupperware bowls with sugar free jello and fruit. Sometimes I add lite fruit cocktail or mandarin oranges. It is sweet and just enough to feel like I have had a snack. I will even add some cool whip, Really it is just flavored water and I don't put a ton of fruit in it, just enough for a little something different.
    Sugar free hot chocolate is another late night idea.
    One trick is to chew sugar free gum. If it is getting close to bedtime, and I am really craving something, I will brush my teeth. It is hard to eat something when you have a fresh mouth!! HAHA!!
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with this (in fact I asked the same question a few weeks ago..)-- I was told popcorn, carrots, and apples are all good. Crunchy and filling. I sometimes eat Emerald cocoa almonds if I want something sweet and filling. Or just a slice of bread.