Popcorn

Options
I have heard a lot of people talk about how they make popcorn that has 100 calories per bag (6cups popped). That seems too good to be true? 6 cups of popcorn for 100 cals?

Any popcorn experts out there that have heard of this item and what it is?

Replies

• Slavic_Spice
    Slavic_Spice Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would think that if you prepared it in an air popper, this would be the case. That's what we do.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It's not a full 6 cup bag. It's a pre-measured half-bag. Look for the Orville Reddenbacher 100 calorie mini-bags. Be forewarned... they have a reduced cooking time, so stay near the microwave.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Microwave popcorn...a certain kind.

I would rather make real popcorn in the pot or airpop it. That microwave stuff is not good for us.
  • CougNurse2011
    Options
    ohh ok so its like a "100 caorie pack" bag of popcorn. Thanks for the replys, ill have to check it out next time Im at the grocery store.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    6c. popped pocorn in micro wave in a brown lunch bag or air popped is 180 cal.
  • jerseygirl777
    Options
    It's not a full 6 cup bag. It's a pre-measured half-bag. Look for the Orville Reddenbacher 100 calorie mini-bags. Be forewarned... they have a reduced cooking time, so stay near the microwave.

Yes... also look for the 94% fat free. I love the fact that I can eat a lot of popcorn for little calories! Its a great alternative to any chip craving you might get!
  • Tammysueless
    Options

Yes... also look for the 94% fat free. I love the fact that I can eat a lot of popcorn for little calories! Its a great alternative to any chip craving you might get!
    Love it 'cause i crave chips sometimes and this tricks my body so I feel saited.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Orville R, Jolly Time and Pop Secret all make 94% Fat Free popcorn in 100 calorie single serve packs. It's about 5 cups of popped corn and I think Jolly Time and Pop Secret also make a version in Kettle Corn flavor in the 100 calorie packs as well. (not sure if they are also 5 cups popped.

The full size bags of popcorn that most folks are used to make about 12.5 cups popped. So, if you get the same 94% Fat Free stuff in that size bag you'd be looking at around 250ish calories, depending on the brand.
  • CougNurse2011
    Options
    ok I move fast (even in the 8inches of snow outside) :) just got thejolly time mini-bags for 100cals. Added cinamin (sp?) and 2 packs sweet and low... sooooo good! Sweet, salty, crunchy and I'm satisfied.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Microwave bags of Jollytime 95% FF is 100 calories for 5 cups. If you're gonna eat popcorn, this one taste the best.