I lost 117 pounds!

Options
HartJames
HartJames Posts: 789 Member
Joined Feb 2010
I was 310 pounds when I turned 30 and when I looked in the mirror I finally saw myself for the first time in years. My life has changed so much since that day. Please read my story and vote for me as the “Face of Fitness” it means the world to me to share my story & inspire others. You can vote once a day until Feb. 27th. Pass it on!

(cut and paste if it won't click)

http://photos.fitnessmagazine.com/face-of-fitness-contest/08/2011/18?esrc=nwphotofaves_fitcover

There is so much more to the story, like meeting my husband who had ALSO lost over 100 pounds before we even met! I am always open to adding new friends for mutual motivation and support during this life-long journey to be forever fit! You can see some of my pics too :)

Thank you soooooo much!

Deni

Replies

• 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    your link doesn't work
  • HartJames
    Options
    Sorry, can't see a way to make a clickable link- try to cut and paste?
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It works, you just have to copy and paste it.

Great story! It would be great to meet someone along the way on a journey like that! Congrats!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I voted and congrats on your weight loss.
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
    I voted!! I'd like to say I'll vote everyday... but honestly, my short term memory is poopie :*(
    Good luck to you!! And congrats.. you inspire me
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    Voted!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • HartJames
    Options
    Thank you!
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Awesome go. Go go go goGIRL
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I voted for you as well - you look beautiful and how amazing what you have experienced through your journey. :) What an inspiration. :)
  • HartJames
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I'm not sure if I'll catch up to the front runners- I'm certainly no personal trainer, marathon runner or fitness instructing body builder like most of those ladies but I think I do represent people who desperately need the "Face of Fitness" to be an everyday person who overcame serious weight struggles. After all, I began my journey be reading through goal stories and photos online from REAL people and finally believed that it was possible, I had HOPE. I thought it was impossible, I really did. I have never been so glad to be wrong :)
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    voted! awesome job and a great inspiration. thank you!
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    I voted - and congrats on your success!!! ;-)
  • HartJames
    Options
    Thank you all so much! You can vote once a day until Monday! Please keep voteing! I'm in 18th place out of 150 :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I voted.....your story is indeed inspirational
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I voted! you are such an inspiration :o)
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You got my vote!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    voted
  • cyn365
    Options
    Hi there,

Congratulations and I wish you much luck, just wondering, are you a member on here with before and after photos, I would really love to see the difference.

I'm a newbie on here and am looking for inspiration, I have lost 54.5 pounds prior to using mfp, am loving the program and hoping it will aid me to lose the rest, a lovely 110 lbs ;)

Thank you

Cyn
  • savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Joined Feb 2010
    I was 310 pounds when I turned 30 and when I looked in the mirror I finally saw myself for the first time in years. My life has changed so much since that day. Please read my story and vote for me as the “Face of Fitness” it means the world to me to share my story & inspire others. You can vote once a day until Feb. 27th. Pass it on!

(cut and paste if it won't click)

http://photos.fitnessmagazine.com/face-of-fitness-contest/08/2011/18?esrc=nwphotofaves_fitcover

There is so much more to the story, like meeting my husband who had ALSO lost over 100 pounds before we even met! I am always open to adding new friends for mutual motivation and support during this life-long journey to be forever fit! You can see some of my pics too :)

Thank you soooooo much!

Deni

Well I voted for YOU..I agree that your an everyday person who overcame a weight struggle..i don't think you have to be a trainer/body builder/fitness GURU in order to be the face of fitness, I applaud your efforts and wish you well on your journey to forveer fitness :)

Jessica
  • HartJames
    Options
    Thank you! Yes, add me as a friend I have some before and after photos in my album :) They aren't me at my very worst becuase those are hard copies I'll have to scan but still very much "befores" so take a look!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!