girls night

Options
peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
So tomorrow night I've got all my girlies coming over without our men or children for some drinks and fun. Of course 95% of them smoke. As most of you probably know by now, I've been smoke free for 15 weeks. Well everytime I get together with people I'm afraid of slipping, so far I've done awesome, but last week I went to a wedding, I did not fall to temptation, but found myself rolling my place card up and holding it like a cigarette. I didn't even know I had done it until my friend pointed it out to me. I've had some stress going on with my marriage right now, and that's when I always seem to start smoking again. Everytime, I try to quit something happens, that'll have me saying oh I'm really stressed I need a smoke! This is by far the longest I've quit, and I'm still hanging on to this dang cold, so more than likely I will not slip but just hoping you wonderful peeps have some encouraging words for me. I'll just run inside and read this post if I'm craving one lol! I know ya'll will keep me strong!!!!!!

Replies

• peej76
    Options
    So tomorrow night I've got all my girlies coming over without our men or children for some drinks and fun. Of course 95% of them smoke. As most of you probably know by now, I've been smoke free for 15 weeks. Well everytime I get together with people I'm afraid of slipping, so far I've done awesome, but last week I went to a wedding, I did not fall to temptation, but found myself rolling my place card up and holding it like a cigarette. I didn't even know I had done it until my friend pointed it out to me. I've had some stress going on with my marriage right now, and that's when I always seem to start smoking again. Everytime, I try to quit something happens, that'll have me saying oh I'm really stressed I need a smoke! This is by far the longest I've quit, and I'm still hanging on to this dang cold, so more than likely I will not slip but just hoping you wonderful peeps have some encouraging words for me. I'll just run inside and read this post if I'm craving one lol! I know ya'll will keep me strong!!!!!!
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :devil: :devil: Do not fall to temptation.....encourage everyone to smoke outside so you can work around the smell better......
    You've got 15wks of fresh air in your lungs......Good Luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Stay Strong! You can do it!! :drinker:
    I had been quit for 4 weeks and had a wedding to go to back home. I knew it was going to be hard because my mom and friends smoke and that is what we used to all sit around and do. Smoke and talk. I gave into temptation and let me tell you, I felt horrible afterward, not just from guilt. It literally made me sick. :sick:
    Just say no!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    You can do it! You've accomplished so much by being able to remain smoke free for 15 weeks!

My boyfriend quit smoking in November. He had been a smoker for more than 15 years. It was difficult for him (and still is) during social situations. When he's tempted, he thinks about all of the time that he has worked hard to be smoke free and he reminds himself that smoking at that moment isn't worth undoing all of his hard work. So when you are tempted, just remember how hard you have worked to progress to 15 weeks of being a non-smoker... you won't give in! :) Good luck to you.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Sweety. After 15 weeks, I do not think you will have too many troubles with wanting one.
    By now the smell might hurt the inside of your nose. and make you cough slightly.
    I would tell your girls to take the smoke outside because you have been trying to keep a smoke free home, and a smoke free you.
    Now if you are going out on the town, you can not do that. SO I would say that you need to have a NON smoke friend Be you DSA Designated Smoke Agent.
    Her job is to make sure you do not even lay your hands on one ciggy! NOT ONE!!!
    She is to be armed with Gum. Each time you get "THE LOOK" she is to pop a piece of gum in your mouth!
    :smile:
    Also tell your girlfriends that no matter how much you might beg and plead for a smoke, that they are to make sure thet you do not have one! If they are good enough friends they will work woith you on this one.
    You can do this, Still have fun, and be smoke free all night long! I have FAITH IN YOU!
    :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • peej76
    Options
    Yeah!!!! I did it again!! All Saturday morning I had pretty much been convincing myself that I was going to have a smoke, but by the time that night rolled around I didn't even really want one!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!
    You are way stronger than me. I caved and had one. :explode:
    I kicked myself for it too. (then my hair smelled yucky!)
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Sweety. After 15 weeks, I do not think you will have too many troubles with wanting one.
    By now the smell might hurt the inside of your nose. and make you cough slightly.
    I would tell your girls to take the smoke outside because you have been trying to keep a smoke free home, and a smoke free you.
    Now if you are going out on the town, you can not do that. SO I would say that you need to have a NON smoke friend Be you DSA Designated Smoke Agent.
    Her job is to make sure you do not even lay your hands on one ciggy! NOT ONE!!!
    She is to be armed with Gum. Each time you get "THE LOOK" she is to pop a piece of gum in your mouth!
    :smile:
    Also tell your girlfriends that no matter how much you might beg and plead for a smoke, that they are to make sure thet you do not have one! If they are good enough friends they will work woith you on this one.
    You can do this, Still have fun, and be smoke free all night long! I have FAITH IN YOU!
    :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...

YEA YOU!!!! CONGRATS!!!! We knew you could do it!!!!