How many carbs?

Options
Iv been on this site for only a few days, i log all my food and it keeps saying my calories are too low but i am meeting all the fat and protein requirements it has listed for me but when it comes to my Carbs, its lower than what it says i should be eating. It wants me to eat 201g. does that not seem excessive?

im confused.

Replies

• xxjessikatxx
    Options
    No seem fine..You need carbs for the brain and all.
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    A person who eats approximately 2,000 calories per day should take in about about 250 grams of carbohydrates. My target is 298g of carbs. 201g of carbs is on the low side, try to eat good carbs. Your carbohydrates should come from whole grain bread, cereals and pastas, nuts, seeds, legumes, fruits and vegetables. I hope this helps.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Iv been on this site for only a few days, i log all my food and it keeps saying my calories are too low but i am meeting all the fat and protein requirements it has listed for me but when it comes to my Carbs, its lower than what it says i should be eating. It wants me to eat 201g. does that not seem excessive?

im confused.
    you need a minimum of about 100-130 just for normal functions. When you start adding in exercise and extra activities, you will need to increase your carb count. Just make sure they're good complex carbs like whole wheat, multi-grains and not white rice or flour and sugars. If you're meeting most of your numbers but carbs are still too high for you to eat comfortably, you can go into your goals and reset using the manual or custom setting and adjust the protein and fat %'s to higher numbers and this will lower your carb goal for the day. Just don't go too low or you'll find it hard to meet consistently and still be nourished.