35 pounds to lose!

HillHoosier
HillHoosier Posts: 12 Member
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a group of motivating people who'd like to share weight loss tips, fun workouts, recipes, and more!

My goal is to lose 35 pounds by the time I graduate with my Master's degree in August! I'll be a PA (Physician Assistant) and I really want to be healthy and STAY healthy. I have always had troubles with "yo-yo" dieting, but I'm ready to break that cycle and live a healthy life! I gained all of this weight once I started PA school...and now it's time for it to come off! I love MFP because we're able to share our advice, our struggles, and our successes.

Is anyone interested in just keeping each other accountable and sharing stories? I'd love to hear stories from other people who have similar goals.

Good luck to everyone!! We can do this!

Replies

• Count me in! :smile: I want to get down to 110 lbs and I'm Currently 142lbs! (according to my BMI im overweight and healthy weight for me is 110)!

I think this is a marvelous idea & group! & Good luck to you with your weightloss goals & GRADUATING!! How exciting :flowerforyou:
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I graduate with my M.Ed. in August and have close to the same goals. :-)
  • Reka2011
    Reka2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Welcome to MFP!!! Congrats on graduating! I'm trying to lose about 25 by May when I graduate wit my Master's. I need to pump it up a lot!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. I will gladly motivate you and you do the same for me!
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    I am 142, trying to get down to 115. I sent you a request!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a group of motivating people who'd like to share weight loss tips, fun workouts, recipes, and more!

My goal is to lose 35 pounds by the time I graduate with my Master's degree in August! I'll be a PA (Physician Assistant) and I really want to be healthy and STAY healthy. I have always had troubles with "yo-yo" dieting, but I'm ready to break that cycle and live a healthy life! I gained all of this weight once I started PA school...and now it's time for it to come off! I love MFP because we're able to share our advice, our struggles, and our successes.

Is anyone interested in just keeping each other accountable and sharing stories? I'd love to hear stories from other people who have similar goals.

Good luck to everyone!! We can do this!

I too have a yo yo problem, not healthy at all. I am all for this group, I look forward to sharing recipes and what not...I actually have a few to share from my clean eating magazine that I want to make so bad!!

I really want to lose 30 pounds by my b day (June 9th) right now I am 256 and a size 20 pants..I think 30 pounds would get me into a 18 size or maybe even 16!!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Here is a recipe that I have tried

----> the link to the recipe http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Portobello-Mushroom-Stroganoff.aspx

I actually am not a fan of tofu, and have made this with ground turkey came out very flavorful. I think I might make it again with just the mushrooms.

Serves: 8
    Hands-on time: 30 minutes.
    Total time: 30 minutes.

INGREDIENTS:

* 12 oz whole-wheat egg noodles
    * Olive oil cooking spray
    * 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
    * 4 oz white mushrooms, thinly sliced
    * 8 oz portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
    * 1 clove garlic, minced
    * 14 oz medium-firm tofu, puréed in blender or food processor
    * 8 oz low-fat sour cream
    * 8 oz low-sodium beef stock
    * 1 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
    * 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
    * Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
    * 1 tsp dried dill

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
    2. Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over high for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low, mist with cooking spray and add onion. Sauté for about 8 minutes or until caramelized. Add white and portobello mushrooms and garlic. Mist with cooking spray, if needed, and sauté until cooked, about 5 more minutes.
    3. Add tofu, sour cream, stock and tomato paste, and stir until smooth. Stir in seasoning, salt and pepper.
    4. Pour mushroom sauce over cooked noodles. Serve topped with dill.

Nutrients per 1-cup serving: Calories: 140, Total Fat: 3.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 18 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 9 g, Sodium: 140 mg, Cholesterol: 15 mg
  • Count me in.. I have plenty to lose..:)
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    One post I saw was interesting, but was too intimidating for me to want to join that particular group; where they have a weekly calorie burn challenge. I like the IDEA - but not at 10,000 a week!! lol I don't have enough TIME to burn that much!

But I am trying to work my way up to an hour of workouts a day (30 Zumba, 30 Jillian), which ultimately should burn around 6-700 a day and I'm scheduled to do this 6 days a week which is 4200 at 700/day. I don't know if something like this would interest anyone? I like that fact that its short term and with immediate results (all considered). This isn't about managing caloric in/out.. it's purely about the cumulative weekly burn at a fairly consistent daily rate.

Thoughts?
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    ahhh i wanna lose 35lbs too! add a bunch of you!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    I'm trying to lose roughly the same amount.

25 years ago, I lost 40 pounds and kept it off for the next 22 or so! :bigsmile:

But the last couple of years I have stopped working out, and when I don't work out it does not take long for my eating to also get extremely sloppy! So I've packed most of it back on! :noway:

But I am so tired of dragging this weight around it is not even funny! I didn't put a specific date on the goal, but am hoping to lose 1-2 pounds per week if I stay on track. Just started logging food on Sunday and I buy my gym membership tomorrow! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.