Options
Hi! My name is Elizabeth. I started to eat differently about 4 weeks ago by counting my carbs, eating a balanced diet throughout the day and staying away from refined sugar. Today I went to the doctors and found out I had lost 11 lbs in 4 weeks because of my change in eating...now here's the stinker! I also found out that I have diabetes...she told me, though, that I can control it with diet and exercise. Now that's a relief because there is something I can actually do about it. So I logged back on myfitnesspal.com and decided to keep track of everything here. It helps me alot to count my carbs each day and average it out for the week. Okay, that's why I am here...

Replies

• katikati
    Options
    11 lbs thats fantastic! Keep up the good work it's worth it for your health and happiness :flowerforyou:
  • lizhipwell
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! :happy:
  • peacestar84
    Options
    11 lbs is so great! I'm always inspired by anyone who can just take the initiative to change all on there own. And you have your own health to motivate you to continue making healthy choices. Keep up the hard work and feel free to add me as a friend if you would like support :happy:
  • habibti
    habibti Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Elizabeth! :flowerforyou:
    I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis, but it sounds like you've got a good plan in place! And congrats on the 11 pounds too, that's fantastic!
    I'm working on living healthier with diet and exercise, and losing weight to reduce my chances of developing diabetes. I'm glad to hear you're taking matters into your own hands! Keep up the good work!!!
    Send a request if you'd like to add another friend! :happy: