If you're plateauing, try this - *WARNING* TMI POST!!!

Options
I weigh myself a lot so I notice things. For instance I know that I weigh about 2 lbs more at night than in the morning. Today I weighed myself a short time ago.....234.1 - ok not too bad.

I *um* (WARNING THIS IS THE TMI PART -

I go #2 & it takes FOREVER to go, I must be constipated probably, I wasn't really forcing myself to go, and it took literally about 30 mins to get out of me........then I weigh myself and I weigh .......231.2.

The lowest weight I've been.

So, I'm saying MAYBE SOME PEOPLE (not all, YMMV, etc) might be plateauing due to not enough FIBER, fruit/veg in their diet? So, you know try getting more fiber in and see what happens, literally.

Replies

• Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yep... there can be 4 to 8 pounds in there... all moving along at it's own pace.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Wow thx FC! :)

I was SHOCKED at the weight difference!
  • katierg
    Options
    I did a 5 day colon cleanse and fast and lost 8 pounds in those 5 days. Never gained it back. I swear it was toxins and plaque build up in my bowels. I'm all about fiber now.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I did a 5 day colon cleanse and fast and lost 8 pounds in those 5 days. Never gained it back. I swear it was toxins and plaque build up in my bowels. I'm all about fiber now.

Wow that's fantastic. Never realized how much fiber affects us! WTG! :)
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    That's why I try to drop a deuce in the morning before I clock in on the scale. Or, for comparative reasons, I'll check before and after. Very good ones are at least 2 pounds. Haha.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    LOL!!!!
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    I have done this too. weighed myself before and after. sometimes I lose 1kg. haha. one might say the saying "full of sshhyte" could be very true for some. haha.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    LOL!!! I must be *full of it*!!!! LOL!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    That's why I try to drop a deuce in the morning before I clock in on the scale. Or, for comparative reasons, I'll check before and after. Very good ones are at least 2 pounds. Haha.

word. same here. lol :bigsmile:
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have noticed since I have increased my protein intake, my output has increased as well. I also eat a lot of broccoli, which seems to help. Another thing I've noticed is that beef (in any form) tends to stay with me for awhile, so I try and avoid it when possible.
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rori20
    rori20 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious, but so true. It's funny I'm reading this after I told someone else about it for the first time this morning. They laughed, but I've lost 2 pounds before.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Indeed! My sister used to joke that she was heading to the bathroom to "lost weight." #1 adds weight too, but not as much. I try to do all my potty duties before I weigh myself.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Since I have been eating healthier and exercising, it seems as though I am VERY constipated, it can be a very painful experience. When I was eating bad, I didn't seem to have any issues in that department. What's up with that? I am now taking stool softners and they seem to be helping...Thank Goodness. I'm not sure about weightloss with going #2 but it's probally so!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, cauliflower, broccoli, and cabbage are all great sources for squeezin' one out. Though, I think the amount of fiber and protein I take in, tend to give it that feeling of tryin' to push out a melted Snickers bar through the eye of a needle. TMI? Naaaaah. :flowerforyou:
  • Atleast40
    Atleast40 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Katierg, hi would you be willing to share your cleansing method. I may want to try it.
  • haydensmommy30
    Options
    Since I have been eating healthier and exercising, it seems as though I am VERY constipated, it can be a very painful experience. When I was eating bad, I didn't seem to have any issues in that department. What's up with that? I am now taking stool softners and they seem to be helping...Thank Goodness. I'm not sure about weightloss with going #2 but it's probally so!

I am exactly the same way. Some days I can't get the full and uncomfortable feelin go away and I know It's because of this reason.
  • janesmith1
    Options

I know what you mean. Some people are doing Psyllium Husks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psyllium_seed_husks

Metamucil has them amongst other things and I'm thinking about doing them since I too am not *going* like I used to....on the other hand, I have not been upping my fruit/veg eating either. Hmmmm.
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I really hope the "up to 8 lb " thing is true! I've got an abcess on my tooth and have been popping constipation causing painkillers all week and have gained 5 lb despite sticking to 1400 cals a day. At this rate, I'm gonna have to book a day off work for when things go back to normal. And probably ring the water board to warn them. Now that really is TMI
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I'll be going shopping to the store on the weekend to buy whole Psyllium Husks (still in the scoopable form) based on this thread and the reviews on amazon. I'm not saying it's a miracle weight loss product even though a lot of people have lost weight through using Psyllium Husks but because I have a tendency to get constipation I think this would be a fantastic idea. In fact, I'll probably bike over there tomorrow & pick it up.