Hi everyone! I'm new-ish! :)

supragirl
supragirl Posts: 4 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all!

I'm 30 years old from lil old South Wales in the UK. I usually use this site as an app on my iphone (so have missed out on these awesome forums!) but cracked the screen on the phone a few days ago so have now logged on, online :) I love this site!

After years of carrying around excess weight I hope to shed the pounds for good! I started the weight loss after Christmas and have lost 20lbs to date :) (My ticker is wrong - will have to change that). The biggest help for me has been my gorgeous dog which we've had for about 4 months now. She loves walking so now I have no excuse - rain, hail or shine she's taken out for her walks. I have (had) a great app that tracks the mileage we cover which is a big help too to track calories burnt every day.

Would love to make a few friends on here for extra motivation so add me if you like! :)

Lisa.

Replies

• Welcome Lisa, I'm from Merseyside. I've been on here for around 1 month, it's very helpful :)
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Welcome, good luck.
  • not2late
    not2late Posts: 98 Member
    Hope you get the app back soon...I find the android one really good. I agree with the dog comment too, though I recently discovered that you don't need a dog to walk....just attitude :D

Main site is great for support too :)
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Welcome, you sound like you've made a great start.

Ive been here since July 2010, I did well then I fell back into old habits and gained 10lbs. But now I feel that this time when I lose them I am saying goodbye to them forever.
    Still got a long way to go til my goal. But I have learnt that however desperate I am to see big numbers every weigh in, this isn't actually an episode of biggest loser, this is my life and slow and steady definitely wins the race!

Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.