Options
2»

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    As a man 1350 is not enough, you should not go below 1500 Net. [/quote]

She's female, but has the gender set wrong. (see profile, not many male mothers around... well with the exception of Elton John of course...)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    As a man 1350 is not enough, you should not go below 1500 Net. [/quote]

She's female, but has the gender set wrong. (see profile, not many male mothers around... well with the exception of Elton John of course...)
    [/quote]

I didn't read the profile, just looked at the first page. OP you may want to change your gender to female, if you keep it as male you will be over estimating calories burned from exercise as men at the same weight burn more than women. (only applicable if you are using MFP's calories burned calculator)
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Make time for exercise now or make time for illness later.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    OK...After reading all your reponses, I am NOT gonna give up!! Thanks to ALL...Even the sarcastic responses... :tongue:

You're all right...I shouldn't use the scale as an indicator, but during my WW journey, that's what kept me motivated!!! It's hard when I get up every morning at 5 AM to step on the scale and not see it move (or even move up)...It's really frustrating...I will say that I am pretty sure i HAVE lost inches, but failed to measure myself prior to starting my P90 (I'm really mad at myself for that).

To everyone that said I'm not eating enough and my calories are all over the board...Please know that there were a few days that I forgot to track or was just plain negligent.

So I am 5'3 and want to get to 120. Are you saying that 1350 is too little. I am NOT (at this time) eating my exercise calories. Should I be? How many calories should I be consuming?

Also, I have never logged my exercise cause I'm not really sure how to. I dont' know what P90 would go under. If anyone can help, that would be awesome!!

You guys are sooo awesome!!! Thanks for your support!!!

BTW...I will change my gender back.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    OK...After reading all your reponses, I am NOT gonna give up!! Thanks to ALL...Even the sarcastic responses... :tongue:

You're all right...I shouldn't use the scale as an indicator, but during my WW journey, that's what kept me motivated!!! It's hard when I get up every morning at 5 AM to step on the scale and not see it move (or even move up)...It's really frustrating...I will say that I am pretty sure i HAVE lost inches, but failed to measure myself prior to starting my P90 (I'm really mad at myself for that).

To everyone that said I'm not eating enough and my calories are all over the board...Please know that there were a few days that I forgot to track or was just plain negligent.

So I am 5'3 and want to get to 120. Are you saying that 1350 is too little. I am NOT (at this time) eating my exercise calories. Should I be? How many calories should I be consuming?

Also, I have never logged my exercise cause I'm not really sure how to. I dont' know what P90 would go under. If anyone can help, that would be awesome!!

You guys are sooo awesome!!! Thanks for your support!!!

BTW...I will change my gender back.

Yes if you are doing a program like Power 90, you need more fuel and should eat most if not all of the calories you burn, if not you risk burning muscle as you lose weight.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Also realize that when you did WW with no moderately exercise, you also lost muscle. Time to get it back and P90 will help.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You have done SO well! Great job on your loss :) I'm stuck around 130 too. I assume that if I step up my exercise I will lose but I've been doing minimal exercise for so long I don't feel up to it like at the beginning of my journey. Let's kick these last few pounds (I have 7 more to reach my goal)! I think you should start measuring now and try eating some of your exercise calories back and see what happens! Best of luck!!!!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    You've not really responded to the feedback which pointed out to you that by only going back a week in your diary there were three days where you ate well under 1200 calories, of which one was just below 800 and one as low as 600.

Then you say you were NOT logging your exercise calories, so does that mean you were actually exercising on that intake??

How can you possibly think this will yield any results? What is your body supposed to function on?