Zumba???

colins53
colins53 Posts: 11
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi

I am about to go to my first Zumba class tonight and looking forward to it. The class is 45 minutes long. Can anyone tell me roughly how many cals I will burn. Weight is 186lbs Thanks!!!!

Replies

• alex063287
    alex063287 Posts: 61 Member
    Zumba is my favorite workout! It really depends on how hard you work during the class. Supposedly people can burn between 700-1000 a class but the numbers maybe smaller since the class is only 45 minutes long.
  • I just ordered the dvd set a couple days ago, but if I had to guess I would think abt 400-500 calories for the 40-45mins but it could be more like the girl above me said it all depends on how much effort and energy you put into it....Best of Lucky!! Ur gonna have a blast
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    I am 149 and 5"0 yesterday for 64 minutes i burned 553. I kept moving, but not as well as the others because it was my 2nd time and I got lost a couple of times. LOL
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Hmmm, I burnt about 200 calories in a 45 minute class (5 ft 3, 142 pounds).
  • I wear a HRM watch and I burn anywhere from 900-1200 cal per hr. It all depends on the intensity of your class and how much effort you put into the class. Our class is very high intensity and she loves to jump and really make you sweat, so its a lot of fun. Plus I realized that the more I knew the steps and routines the more effort I put into it which in turns helps me burn more calories :) good luck! I love it!
  • Thanks for the advice/help. Am feeling a little nervous but looking forward to it!!!! :-)
  • I love love love zumba! The first time i went I was told that u can burn 600-1000 calories per hour depending on the person!
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    I am 217ish and in 45 minutes I think i burned about 350. Every Zumba class is different from the next though. Ive taken Zumba at 3 different gyms as well as owning the DVD's Each class was a lot of the same steps yet very different from each other. It honestly depends on the class and how much effort you put in it!!
  • Just keep your body moving! Even if you don't know all the routines just keep it going. The more effort you put into it the more you'll burn. It also depends on your instructor, some can be a little more faster pace than others.
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    I'm a zumba fan as well and the instructors at the gym I go to really give an intense workout! I have no idea how many cals I burn in a 60 min class (I was just figuring 350-400) but if its anywhere close to what some of u are saying (600-1200)... WONDERFUL!! :)
This discussion has been closed.