HORRIBLE week/weigh-in and a vacation!!

Options
Hey everyone,

Well, let's just say it's been a bad week for eating/working out. After my ordeal last weekend (my house got broken into and my partner's laptop was stolen) I have been eating horribly and not working out at all. I got on the scale this morning and gained 4.2 lbs!!!!!!! I knew it was going to be bad, but yikes!!!!

On a positive note, I'm going to Disney World on Monday for a week! I'm looking forward to that! I'm planning on eating a little better, plus with all of the walk, I'm hoping to loose some of that 4.2!

Yay for vacations!!

Replies

• greysweatshirt
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Well, let's just say it's been a bad week for eating/working out. After my ordeal last weekend (my house got broken into and my partner's laptop was stolen) I have been eating horribly and not working out at all. I got on the scale this morning and gained 4.2 lbs!!!!!!! I knew it was going to be bad, but yikes!!!!

On a positive note, I'm going to Disney World on Monday for a week! I'm looking forward to that! I'm planning on eating a little better, plus with all of the walk, I'm hoping to loose some of that 4.2!

Yay for vacations!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the break in.
    I have a feeling you will be walking (and sweating) off more than just that 4.2 at Disney.
    Have a great vacation!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    aw grey that is horrible hon!!! hugs!

I hope you both are okay....scary having your space invaded like that!!! and sorry about his laptop!!

as for the extra pounds...we'll just call that WATER....and you get a redo...lol....I think Disney will be great and yes lots of walking will help you out! so lucky!!!

remember to drink plenty of water so you can flush that WATER weight away!:wink:

hugs!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    aw grey that is horrible hon!!! hugs!

I hope you both are okay....scary having your space invaded like that!!! and sorry about his laptop!!

as for the extra pounds...we'll just call that WATER....and you get a redo...lol....I think Disney will be great and yes lots of walking will help you out! so lucky!!!

remember to drink plenty of water so you can flush that WATER weight away!:wink:

hugs!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou:

HAHA!! Yes, all that water..I guess I should just stop "drinking" so much :wink: :wink: I am looking forward to the trip..a little nervous about leaving the house, but I'm not going to let all of that stop me from having a great time!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey Grey - I think you're allowed to have an "off" week after what you went through. And the vacation may be just what you need to give yourself a mental "reset".

Have a GREAT time! :flowerforyou:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Yay for vacations!!

Have a great vacation......sounds like it's coming at a much needed time! Also, those lbs will melt off walking all over Disney World!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the trip.. I have a countdown going! Only 76 more hours until the flight leaves!! HAHA!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the 4lbs!!! When you drink alcohol and eat poorly, your body retains fluid = weight! I bet one week back on track and that weight is gone.

You need to go easy on yourself, and you've been through a lot... and last but not least...

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!
    :tongue:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Don't sweat the 4lbs!!! When you drink alcohol and eat poorly, your body retains fluid = weight! I bet one week back on track and that weight is gone.

You need to go easy on yourself, and you've been through a lot... and last but not least...

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!
    :tongue:

The sad thing is, I didn't even drink any alcohol!!! haha...I wish I could have at least enjoyed those 4 lbs!! I guess it was all that eating out and ice cream.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Yay for vacations!!

Yea for Disney vacations - they are the best kind to escape reality for a while!!

Have a very safe trip and enjoy yourself - restart your goals when you get back!!