Anyone ever done a 1 week detox?

gaeljo
gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Thinking of doing a one week detox fast, anyone ever done that? I've been in triathlon training over the last year and have really ramped up my fitness. Lately, I feel my body breaking down a little bit, I think I need a rest week from fitness and a body clense. I'm looking for info on doing a fast, If you have a good website, or recommendations, please share it. Thanks! Gael

Replies

• xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    yea i have a couple of times. for me i found it was the worst idea. My body pretty much shut down, yes i lost weight but as soon as i ate after even though it was healthy i put on everything and more. Its not natural the body stores everything you eat as it thinks your still starving. Now i know so much more i would never have done it if i knew~~
  • There are right ways of doing a detox and then there are the bad.. just like with everything. I sent you a message about one my mom is has done and is doing right now. Makes her feel great!
  • NancySDA
    NancySDA Posts: 73 Member
    you have to make sure you replace your good bacteria afterwards, that's all I know. I know my daughter's doctor is not someone that likes the idea of them. I tried a detox once but I didn't notice any difference. I did the Jillian Michaels program. Everyone is different.
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Oh I signed up for one not long ago.. but then my dad had a medical issue and it totally threw me off any diet!
    If i can find the papers with the week detox on it. Ill send it your way!
    it looked great.. cant tell you how it worked, but others that did it, it worked well for them
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    I'm not thinking of doing the detox for weight loss, but instead for the medical benefit of getting rid of the free radicals. When you work out a lot, you break down a lot of toxins in your system that release free radicals. My limited understanding is that through fasting, your body can consentrate on eliminating these harmful cells from your body.
This discussion has been closed.