Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Heather. I have kind of fell into this...or should I say, was pushed. My husband recently began a weight loss regime. I kept saying that I was going to start soon, soon...started to be like never, since I had been saying it for at least a year. It took a huge fight between my husband and I for me to realize that I really needed to get serious. It hurts to hear the truth, but really, I knew. He felt like I had given up. Hearing that made me realize that he was beginning to be disgusted by me. So, even though I am not coming into this willingly, I am here and that counts! I have decided to make concientious choices, but I am not necessarily depriving myself. I just choose how I eat to afford myself the occasional treat. For example, I like to have a treat at night; perhaps some tea and cookies. So now I am having a 100 calorie pack of cookies with my tea, instead of sitting and aimlessly eating a bunch of full-fat cookies. I will choose a salad instead of mac and cheese. (bummer!) I am also trying to get to the gym 2x a week, for an hour. I would love to lose 60 lbs, but just half that would be awesome! When you find that even size 18W pants are too small...that's a problem. I refuse to go any higher...and I am looking forward to going backward. :happy:

I love this site...I have the app on my phone and love that I can track things whenever I get the chance. I am hoping it will help keep me motivated. And I look forward to all it has to offer and making some new friends! I'm a great motivator for others; sure could use the help for myself. Please add me as a friend! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!:smile:
  • RunWithJess
    RunWithJess Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats for making the decision! In several months when you start dropping sizes, you're gonna feel amazing and never regret the decision!!
    I have the app on my iphone too and it really helps me when we're away from home.
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    There's always a beginning. And it's not until you are actually ready and committed.
  • princesschikee
    Options
    Congrats on making one of the most important decisions in your life. A healthy lifestyle reaps great benefits. You will feel so much better all the way round. Just take things one step at a time so you don't overwhelm yourself. Doing that can backfire all your efforts. It takes 21 days to form a new habit so pick something and go with it.
    There are lots of great people here with great advice who can answer all your questions. Remember, you will have to pick and choose what works best for you.
    Writing down short term, mid term, and long term goals will help keep you accountable. (writing it down is key) Just like keeping track of what you eat.
    Good luck.
  • Seblirium
    Options
    Hey and welcome! :)

Everybody has to make a start, and sometimes it isn't the easiest of things to do. I wasn't exactly the most open to the idea to my latest attempt recently, but it WILL be worth it. The feeling you have a few months down the line will make you realise this.

Good luck with everything
  • jlcghs27408
    jlcghs27408 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome Heather!! I see you're from Raleigh - I'm from Greensboro myself. Recording everything that you're eating will be so helpful for you! Keep it up! I've been doing it for over a month now & it's inspired me to make lots of changes and is constantly educating me.

Good luck on your journey!