Any good food out there???

Options
2»

Replies

• Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    I have always been told the frozen dinners really aren't that good for you. They are normally high in sodium. I know they are quick but it's better to eat a turkey sandwich on whole wheat or even a PB&J rather than the frozen dinner even if they do say lean on them.
  • monicaP413
    Options
    I would stick to fresh fruits and veggies and NON-processed foods. They are better for you and you can eat much more. I like doing different things with boneless skinless chicken breasts, whole wheat pastas and rice. Watch out for sauces and dips too, they can add a lot of calories, but if you use just a little for taste, you can eat really yummy and really healthy!!
  • dsteig
    Options
    A quick snack idea is Vitalicious VitaMuffin tops. They are 100 calories, packed with fiber, and found in the organic frozen section.

I also love the egg, salsa and avocado meal. I usually eat this with an english muffin, and spread the avocado on it instead of butter. It's a high protein meal.

Another go-to of mine is hummus. I make my own pita chips by buying flatbread or pita bread, cutting it into triangles, and toasting it.

Good luck to you!
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    Also for breakfast I have at least 4 egg whites and sometimes I add a couple of slices of ham to that. Fruit is good to have for breakfast as well.

Lunch is normally pretty boring for me...chicken, turkey, PB&J...depending on what I feel. Sometimes I have leftovers from the night before like 3 or 4 oz of sirloin with some rice and a veg. Snacks for me include apples (which I cut into pieces), Clementine cuties, almonds, grapes, bananas and strawberries. I have a 90 calories FiberOne bar every couple of days if I really am craving something sweet. I work a second job at a cafe so I eat what is there....They have two veggies so I eat one cup of each and then 3 to 4 oz of meat. Sometimes I will include a little rice. Really all you can do is eat healthy and make yourself feel good. Mostly likely if you are feeling bad, you are eating something that isn't healthy.
  • rock810
    Options
    Balance Bars and Turkey Sausage are my personal lifesavers. Without those two things I probably would not make it through this diet.

Also, the Smart Ones Sundaes are AWESOME!!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Did anyone suggest Healthy Choice Steamers? They are THE choice for a frozen meal in my opinion. All around 300 calories, sometimes less and they don't have the mushy-ness that other frozen dinners have. I like grilled chicken marinara, chicken red pepper alfredo, pineapple chicken.. They are SO tasty and have a large serving of veggies!!!

*I went bad and read the posts to find this had already been mentioned... but I second it! :)