Badminton?

Options
Are there any badminton players among you MFPers? I'm a foreign exchange student in Germany right now, and I've been here for 6 months. Despite me having never played badminton before, my host mom managed to convince me to join a badminton group after my first month here. Well, I joined, and I've been playing for almost 6 months now. AND I AM COMPLETELY ADDICTED.
Badminton is just an amazing sport! I actually wasn't too bad when I first started. And since I wasn't too familiar with the bus system when I first got here, I had to train with my host brother (so we could ride the bus together). Since he trains with the really good players (he's pretty much pro, I'm serious) I had to learn the rules fast and train hard. Now, it's 6 months later and I know that I want badminton to be a part of my life when I get back to America. Not many people in my town (er... two people, maybe?) play badminton, so finding some other people to talk about badminton with would be awesome!

P.S. Just bought a brand new racket yesterday. I've got training tomorrow and I am SO EXCITED to try it out! :D

Replies

• kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work..... and enjoy yourself in Germany!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i never played before but I love to learn new things. I am in germany too.. where are you? Me and my husband are stationed here.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I used to love badminton as a teenager. It is a fun sport. Good luck in finding folks to play with you when you get back home.

p.s. We hosted a girl from Germany last year in our home. She's from Hamburg.