unsuccessful

Options
i have been dieting and working out regularly for a couple days now. usually i am not as consistant with it so i decided to do an early weigh in and was extremely disappointed when i saw that i had gained a pound. what am i doing wrong? i have stayed with in my 1200 calorie limits and have been working out to burn at least 500 calories a day.
any advice? i need help!

Replies

• pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    You can't weigh yourself daily, it fluctuates for many reasons. 1 to 2 weeks between weigh ins. You also are not eating enough.
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Did you eat back those exercise calories? If not, your body only really consumed 700 calories and it kicked into starvation mode. this makes your body take any calories you did have and store them mostly as fat.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    you are to eat those 1200 calories and then aslo eat at least some if not all the exercise calories. Only weigh once a week. And take before and after pics and do mesurements. This will show you the real results. But just a few days will do nothing for showing you anything. You could be retaining water or something. You should always weigh in the morning and with as little clothes on as possible and on the same day of the week. I would not suggest mondays as lots of people cheat on there goals on the weekends. I use Fridays myself.
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    starvation mode doesnt kick in with in a day. When you first start working out your muscles can retain water to help heal themselves. Also make sure your scale and battery are good. And weigh at the same time and place every day. A scale on carpet weighs you different than a scale on hardwood.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Do you seriously expect to drop in weight after just a few days?!
    Stick with it. Eat. Exercise. Drink lots of water. Weigh yourself nomore than once a week because your weight flucuates EVERY day. Choose a day for your weigh in and stick with that day every week.
    You will see the pounds drop. Do remember, muscle gain will make you gain weight here and there but DO NOT get discouraged.