30 Day Shred is not so Shreddy!

Options
2»

Replies

• Megthatgirl
    Megthatgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I get it! Over the last few days Ive cheated myself with food. But the point still stands, when you cut back by nearly 2000 calories and add excercise, there should be loss, not gain.

Thats what Im getting at here. We could beat a dead horse all day, but I would have to be going WAY over in calories to acheive 4 pounds of gain.

The sodium isnt helping, I know, and Im trying to focus on that.. Ive just been in a few situations this week where I have had to eat whats in front of me or givin to me. It sucks, but the world is a cruel place.

I know healthier choices need to be made and Im prepared now with the correct foods.
    Thanks for your input yall :)
  • genst
    genst Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When did you start your diet? It can take some time for your body to respond to the change. Have you seen a doctor? If not maybe you should because you have cut back a large amount of calores.
    The 4lbs is probably water, especially if you have large amounts of sodium so try cutting that and drinking more water.
    In theory you should be losing weight but we dont know what kind of damage we do to our bodies when we're over eating so its worth making a complete lifestyle change including changing your diet. And you need to make sure you're eating enough calories to avoid starvation mode.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    your probably not eating the right foods or enough, remember food for weightloss exercise for toning, shred on youll get a sexy shape!:bigsmile:
  • jerseygirl777
    Options
    It didn't do anything for me either. I don't think 20 minutes is enough time to make a difference or burn enough calories.

I do the 30 day Shred, but use it in addition to my gym workout which consists of cardio and strength training. I don't know if 30DS is enough on its own to make a difference, but its a great addition to any workout!
  • KTGator
    KTGator Posts: 78
    Options
    In the beginning of doing the Shred, my weight didn't budge...literally down to a tenth of a pound it did not budge. I found that adding in another cardio workout each day on top of doing the Shred really encouraged the weight to start coming off for me. Are you just doing the Shred? Or are you doing other workouts as well? Perhaps additional cardio will help you out.

Good luck!
  • angelarose12
    Options
    Someone posted this in the Success Stories section of the message boards. Maybe she will give you inspiration or advice?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/177725-30-day-shred-b-a-pics
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    In the beginning of doing the Shred, my weight didn't budge...literally down to a tenth of a pound it did not budge. I found that adding in another cardio workout each day on top of doing the Shred really encouraged the weight to start coming off for me. Are you just doing the Shred? Or are you doing other workouts as well? Perhaps additional cardio will help you out.

Good luck!

I'm not seeing much weight loss myself. I'm on day 4 today. What type of cardio did you do? I'm getting really bummed really fast.
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am on day 11 of the Shred. I weighed in 3 days ago, and was at the exact same weight as when starting, but I 'felt' thinner. In the last 2 days, I have dropped 4#. I Shred every day, and do 4 days of cardio (walking or biking) a week as well. I'm staying within my calories, and making sure to drink 100oz of water a day as well as eat a diet high in protein.

I love the Shred, and plan to do Ripped in 30 after I get done with this program.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    couple things to keep in mind
    1) make sure that you are eating at least some of your workout calories
    2) drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day,
    3) you body weight can fluctuate 4 to 5 pounds (up or down) each day
    4) you didnt put the weight on in one day , so it will not come off in one day

just be consistant with your workouts and your eating , try and cut out all the junk that you can , its tough but it will work out in your favor

feel free to add me as a buddy if you want !!
  • jrbb0309
    jrbb0309 Posts: 55
    Options
    I apologize if someone else brought this up elsewhere but are you coming up on your time of the month? Almost every woman sees an increase in the week before or the week of her period. That's another possibility for weight gain as is sodium from the poorer food choices you're making. The sodium in fast food and pizza can easily put a couple of pounds on you in a matter of days.
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've personally kept my sodium down (minus the past two days, but I drank TONS more water than normal) I've eaten a little of my workout cals. I guess I'm a little disappointed because I lost 9lbs since wed. because I completely cut out sodas. I don't have a time of the month at the moment so that's not a problem for me. Today I added the level 2 to my level 1 workout. Lets see how this goes.
  • nickiben
    nickiben Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    When you do the 30 day shred, is sweat pouring from you?? As its only 20mins, you need to work to your max every time, so much so that you feel you are going to die!!

When you first start exercising, your body goes into survival mode, and starts storing fat to protect itself. But thats only cause its not use to it, and you will find that if you carry on then you will lose it (Week 2 on Biggest Loser never shows high lb loss).
  • KTGator
    KTGator Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm doing Zumba, actually. I felt like Shredding was such an intense workout, that I wantd something that is very effective, but didn't FEEL like a workout - it's been the perfect fit for me =)

I just joined a gym, so I've also started adding in treadmill runs just to up the calories burned a little more.