I wanna talk about me...

I've been on a couple of weeks and have mostly been hovering in the background. My name is Lauri, I'm a 37 year old wife and mother in Sunny (although very smoky now) California. I have been battling my weight all of my adult life.

Until recently, I've always been in great health...for a big girl. But my blood pressure has started to go up, they say it can be caused by birth control, but it still scares me. It seems that every year I put off losing weight, the numbers go up...I remember a time that 50 pounds to lose seemed enormous...and I can't fathom the 200 pounds I need to lose now! But I've started...one step at a time. 1200 calories isn't what I'm accustomed to, but i make it work and I've found some great foods that I'm really loving..and the weight is coming off.

I love being part of this website. Whether a person needs to lose 10 pounds or 100...everyone is so encouraging and friendly. Thank you for that. It makes it so much easier to take this journey, knowing I'm not doing it alone.

Replies

• I've been on a couple of weeks and have mostly been hovering in the background. My name is Lauri, I'm a 37 year old wife and mother in Sunny (although very smoky now) California. I have been battling my weight all of my adult life.

Until recently, I've always been in great health...for a big girl. But my blood pressure has started to go up, they say it can be caused by birth control, but it still scares me. It seems that every year I put off losing weight, the numbers go up...I remember a time that 50 pounds to lose seemed enormous...and I can't fathom the 200 pounds I need to lose now! But I've started...one step at a time. 1200 calories isn't what I'm accustomed to, but i make it work and I've found some great foods that I'm really loving..and the weight is coming off.

I love being part of this website. Whether a person needs to lose 10 pounds or 100...everyone is so encouraging and friendly. Thank you for that. It makes it so much easier to take this journey, knowing I'm not doing it alone.
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Welcome, I too have struggled with my weight my whole adult life. And I too have been facing health issues too. U R right though this place really lifts U up. Great site w/great people.

Good luck. U can do it babe.
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Hello Lauri,
    Welcome to MFP. I am from sunny (and smoky) California also. I am officially tired of the smoke!!

My name is Kimberly..only been here a couple of days but loving it! it is soooo much easier than some of the other sites I have used. I am married, mother to 3 and have a home daycare.:flowerforyou:
  • Well nice to meet you both...and thanks for the welcome!
  • Welcome Lauri!! ...and the best of luck to you!! :heart:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Welcome!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Welcome and nice to meet you!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Welcome and you are right. Everyone is friendly and supportive. We all want to be healthy! Have fun on your journey.
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    :heart: Fatsis-I love you, I was so excited when I saw your picture! If you are wondering who is replying by saying "I love you" it is your wonderfully beautiful 51 year old cousin that you turned on to this site at your daughters musical concert at the courthouse!:heart: Just to let you know I have turned others on to this site, some of them family who have also turned others on to this site-it just keeps getting bigger and bigger!:heart:
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome, this site really is wonderful! I tell everyone I know who wants to lose weight about this site.

When reading your replys I saw one from "Fatsis" and got so excited because it is my cousin who told me about this site, I just love that guy!:love:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Hi Lauri! Welcome.... I, too, am new to MFP. This is a very encouraging and motivating group!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    welcome dear glad to get to know you!!!!
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Welcome Lauri. California, eh. I'm so jealous. I'm from Canada. Oh well. Talk soon,Eh? Good luck...
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Welcome!! Nice to see ya!
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    welcome .. I have struggled since I got ill with fybromyalgia but this is great because it fits in so well with my lifestyle .. there is no way I wd have kept up going for a weigh in each week at some group
    but on here i have that structure & support that I needed.
    best of luck :flowerforyou: